CHAPTER: 34 | RUDE AWAKENING (PART-2)

ASSALAMUALYKUMMMM!!!

I know I went MIA on you all for too many days and I understand how annoying it is to wait for updates as a reader. But I have been caught up with things in my life both physically and mentally that I can't explain.

I lost my best friend in a car accident and I went into depression for months. It was a very difficult phase of my life. Alhamduillah! I'm over it. She belonged to Allah and he took her. Surely she is in a better place than this duniya. I'm happy for her as she died a martyr.

This is a lesson for all of us that you don't actually have time. You don't know if you will be alive the next second or not.

She was just 20 and today she was to turn 21 but she isn't with us anymore. I truly miss her. We have always celebrated this day. Her birthday was always special to me.

Well, I don't know why I'm telling all this. I'm typing and typing and I can't stop my fingers. If I really start telling about her, I would never stop.

The memories are endless. And I don't really wanna go into it.

Sorry for the banter.

*UNEDITED CHAPTER*

Enjoy!

*************************************************

In the terrace, Zeeshan launched right onto Aariz, toppling him down on the ground and sending him punches that he was trying to dodge by caging himself with his hands in front of his face, laughing all the while he cursed and swore at him.

It was when they heard it.

The sound of someone screaming, followed by the noise of a huge water splash.

Aariz and Zeeshan halted in their tracks, alarmed.

"What was that?" Aariz frowned, pushing him away and sitting upright.

Zeeshan's grip on his collar loosened and he dropped his hands on his lap, "The pool?" He narrowed his eyes comprehensively, "Someone fell into the pool?"

They both blinked at each other before getting up on their feet and sprinting out of the terrace.

"Who would that be at this hour?"

Zeeshan was questioning as they descended the stairs.

"I don't know.." Aariz shook his head, suddenly feeling anxious.

He skipped the last two steps and took a jump down on the first floor, jogging and regaining his balance as he started walking down the pathway of rooms.

And just as he passed his bedroom, something made him stop.

He went back and peeked his head inside, looking for the girl he never thought he would even care for.

She was not in the room.

He hurriedly checked the bathroom and found it empty.

"Shit!" He cursed, his hand flying to his forehead as he stumbled out of his bedroom.

He sped his pace and made his way towards the staircase, restlessly descending and striding towards the patio while Zeeshan was behind him, having a hard time matching his strides.