CHAPTER: 72 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-18)

"Our newly married couple 'Areesha and Rehaan' who dated for two years before tying the knot, would be competing against our one-month-old arranged marriage couple 'Aariz and Laiba' in a game of 'couples trivia'," Urooba announced with a magazine rolled up in her hand as a mic.

Maha and Burhaan, seated cross-legged on the rug with popcorn and drinks, clapped enthusiastically, in addition to whistling and hooting.

Areesha and Rehaan, ensconced on the loveseat, grinned at each other while Laiba threw a panicky look at Aariz who sat one person space away from her on the couch, already giving her a 'told you' look.

"As the name suggests; the couples would be asked a series of questions which they have to answer correctly. In case of incorrect answers, you have to take up a dare which is hidden in the cups arranged in front of you." She gestured towards Habeeba who was arranging red paper cups on the table, "Throw your ping pong ball in the cup and find your dare. Simple, isn't it?" She sent the ball in the air and caught it.

"Question!" Rehaan raised a hand.

"Yes, lover boy. What is it?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong. The couple who gets the most answers correct wins, right?"

"Yes."

"What would the winners get?"

"A hamper!" She pulled out a basket wrapped in pretty wrappers and bows from behind a sofa and lifted it in the air, displaying it to them proudly.

"Question!" It was Aariz.

She put the basket down and dusted off the invisible dust, "Yes, starboy. What is it?" She phrased.

"What if someone is uninterested in playing the game?" He queried.

The smile on her face vanished, "Aariz, I left my five-year-old daughter alone with my husband in my house which is a hundred miles away just so I could be here with you all to host this game." She said, "I spent half a day shopping for the hamper. Every single item is handpicked by me. And I spent another 6 hours planning and organising. You really wanna let all my efforts go in vain just because you feel you are too cool to be a part of something you think is uncool by your standards?" She demanded that in a 'don't-forget-I'm-older-than-you' tone.

Aariz joined his hands, "Just ask!" Regretting to have even brought it up.

"That's the spirit!" She chortled.

Habeeba handed all four of them a whiteboard and a black marker and took her position next to Urooba.

"Okay so, we have two rounds. Each round consists of five to seven questions. Our first round is called 'How well do you know your partner?'." Habeeba grabbed her tablet and unlocked it, "Are you ready for your first question?"

"Yes."

"Bring it on."

Said Rehaan and Areesha.

"Your first question is," She squinted her eyes at the screen, "'What's your partner's favourite colour?"

"Oh and there's a time limit of 30 seconds," Urooba reminded them, "And your time starts now!" She blew the whistle.

Laiba uncapped her marker and held the board in her hands, wondering what his favourite colour would be. Generally, men prefer dark colours, however, Aariz didn't seem like the type to have a favourite colour.

Laiba watched Aariz from her periphery as she wrote her answer. He was writing something on the board, the cap of the marker between his teeth.

"Times up!" Urooba whistled, holding up a stopwatch, "Show us your answers."