CHAPTER: 17 | BITTER REALITY (PART-1)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!!

*UNEDITED CHAPTER*

Here is the chapter for you MarineSaigon999  (Aug 15 is not over yet ;)) Thanks for boosting my confidence with your encouraging words. You have helped me in ways you have no idea about so thank you😘 and I Love you❤️

***********************************************

Laiba and Sarah were ensconced on a swing bed, under a domed shaped platform which was in the backyard of the Ahmed residence. The dome was covered with natural creepers, some hanging loose and some encircling the white marbled pillars, decoratively. The climate, right from the morning was stormy, grey clouds casting gloomy shadows on the earth but as Laiba looked up from the book she was reading, she noticed all the signs of a rainstorm nearing its way on the earth. She closed the book and sat upright, dangling her legs off the swing bed. She placed the book on the bed, beside her and stood up on her feet, walking barefoot on the cold marble floor. She halted near a pillar and glanced up at the sky, hugging herself.

"Sarah!" She beckoned her when she heard the noise of thunders, grumbling at a distance.

"What!" Sarah, who busy on her cellphone, laying peacefully on the bed, shouted back without looking at her while typing something on her cellphone.

"It's gonna rain." A drop of rain fell on her nose simultaneously as she said that, "Allah! It already started." She rubbed her nose and walked back in, "We better rush in." She started picking her books and cellphone.

Sarah propped herself on her elbows and snorted at her, "It's just rain, Laiba. Not a volcano eruption."

"It's worse than a volcano eruption to me." She countered back, hugging her books. "I'm going in. You stay if you want." With that, she whirled and jogged away from her, covering her head with the book once she was out of the dome.

Sarah shook her head, laughing. "Wait." She shouted at the top of her voice, getting up from her place and striding towards her. She caught up to her in the middle of the courtyard and snatched her book away from her.

"Wooahh!!!" Laiba defended, "Give that back to me." She whined, running behind her.

Sarah only laughed, running further away from her as the rain started pouring in full speed.

"Sarah!!!" Laiba stomped her feet on the ground before turning on her heels and running on the opposite direction, leaving Sarah behind and towards the mansion. She stepped up the veranda and rubbed her hands up and down her arms, grimacing at the wet blotches that had appeared on her sleeves.

"Why do you hate rain so much?" Haider Ahmed chuckled, leaning against the wall of the veranda.

Laiba looked up at him and made a face, "I don't hate rain, I just don't like being in it." She screwed her noise, "Drenched clothes irritates me and it feels like fire on my body."

Haider Ahmed guffawed, shaking his head. "You are weird for a girl." He commented, titling her head towards Sarah who was getting soaked in the rain, whirling and jumping.

Laiba shrugged, "If being different is weird, then yes! I'm weird."

"Okay! Okay! I don't want to get on this argument since I know where it would end," He held up his hands.

"Better for you." She grinned.

"Anyway," He collapsed his hands, "I've got some news. Wanna hear?" He wiggled his eyebrows.