CHAPTER 59 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-5)

By the time Aariz and the boys returned home, the sangeeth ceremony was almost over.

There were guests hovering here and there but most of them were gone.

Although, Yusuf Othman and Faheem Othman knew about the bachelors party, they didn't seem very happy about it. Yusuf Othman glared at them as they entered the hall whereas Faheem Othman checked his watch. Zeeshan hung his head low and awkwardly walked past them. Burhaan hid himself behind Shah and escaped with him.

Leaving Aariz alone in the hall.

"Aariz! You boys are back?" Zara Othman came out of no where and got him midway as he was making his way to the staircase.

He stopped walking and shrugged, "Duh!"

"Good! Are you going to sleep?"

"Duh!"

"Where?"

Aariz turned around and looked at her.

She narrowed her eyes at him, giving him the 'I-know' look.

She then took a step forward and whispered to him in a dangerously authoritative tone, "Go to your room, Aariz." It was more of a command.

He kept staring at her, challengingly.

She took a step back and smiled at him, "Good Night." With that she walked away.

Aariz turned towards Faheem Othman and Yusuf Othman who were quietly watching the exchange.

They looked away.

He fisted his palm and got out of there.

**************************************************

"This is exactly what I hate about this family!"

Aariz exclaimed in frustration, pacing back and forth in the middle of the room while Laiba sat on the stool by the vanity table, removing her bangles, watching him rant like some teenager mad at their elders.

"Nobody minds their own business here!"

"They are always overstepping in your life. Making decisions for you. Forcing you in situations you would rather not want to be. Criticising the way you live. Judging your life choices. They always have something to say about literally every-fucking-thing."

Aariz was upset. He was really really upset.

And she was yet to figure out the reason.

He just came blasting inside the room and started ranting non stop, complaining about his family and she was just sitting there, looking at him like 'what's wrong with this guy?'

"Personal space and boundaries is a fucking joke in this household!"

He stopped in front of her and shouted the words.

Laiba placed her earrings on the vanity table and stood up.

"Did something happen? She finally asked, meeting his eyes.

Even thought, they had some decent distance between them, the feeling of their presence was as strong as ever.

Whenever they were near each other. Whenever they were alone together. It was there. They didn't know what it was or what it's called. But it was, always, there.