CHAPTER: 24 | BURNING HEARTS (PART-2)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!!!!!

UNEDITED*

*****************************************************

Her skin prickled at the sensation of scalding hot water drizzling down on her frail form, drenching her as it slid down her body and hit the cold marble floor beneath her feet, vaporising steam and creating a mist on the glasses she was enclosed within. Standing stoned on her place, her eyes half closed and her arms hanging loosing on either sides of her, the conversation she had with Haider Ahmed a few minutes ago, kept rewinding and replaying on her head.

'Do you trust Allah?'

'I do.' She had said.

'Then know that, this was what was written for you, dear.'

'You and Aariz.'

'Perhaps, this is what Allah wants and this is how it was suppose to happen.

'Shebaz breaking the wedding off, Zeeshan disappearing or whatsoever happened with you until now, maybe all of it was only a part of a greater plan.'

'Maybe, all that happened just to lead you to Aariz.'

'Everything is predestined.'

'You are bound to end up with the soul, you are meant to...and maybe, you both are meant for each other.'

'Just have faith in Allah and go for it. Everything will be okay. Good, in fact.'

'Allah is with you and everyone else.'

Someone knocked the bathroom door rapidly, bringing Laiba back to the present. The person on the other side was saying something, words, which she couldn't make out due to the deafening sound of water running down on her.

Nonetheless, she presumed it was a call for her to hurry up.

She abided. Shaving, scrubbing and exfoliating her skin, hoping she could get rid off the anguish as well. Once she washed all the dead cells off of her body, she began moisturising.

After, she wrapped her hair in a towel and her body in a bath robe before sliding the door open and stepping out of the shower. She walked to the sink and stood straight, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

She had turned a little pink due to all the scrubbing she had punished herself with but her skin was also glowing with the amount of moisturiser she had treated it with. Sighing at herself, she wore her flip-flops and got out of the bathroom.

On the other side, Urooba looked up at the clicking sound of the bathroom door opening and as Laiba stepped out, their eyes met.

Urooba got up from the bed and flung towards her, throwing her arms around her neck and hugging her, "Laiba." She closed her eyes firmly, "I'm so sorry." She whimpered, apologetically. Tears trickled off of her eyes and she tightened her hold on Laiba, crying silently where Laiba stood firm on her place, her face straight looking at the distance, her shouldered square and her expression, impassive. Devoid of any emotion.

Meanwhile, Areesha entered the room with Sarah, carrying baskets in her hand and talking. She stopped mid sentence when she saw the scene in front of her. Laiba saw her too and from the look she was giving them, she stirred with discomfort. She patted Urooba and silently parted from her.