CHAPTER: 10 | CERTAIN UNCERTAINTIES (PART-2)

ASSALAMULAIKUM!

I'M BACK :)

*UNEDITED CHAPTER*

IGNORE AND ENJOY;P

****************************************

Chapter: 10

Aariz felt nauseous as he stood there, an inch away from the rack, glowering down at the picture with a lump stuck in his throat, permitting him neither to inhale nor exhale. His mind had totally gave up on the process of breathing and blinking. His eyes scrutinized Her, old memories rushing back to him, like a havoc in his mind, like a stab in his heart. He stood like a stone for how long he did not know. He was frozen, his mind a whirlpool of violent emotions, screaming at him, laughing at him, taunting him but his face? It was impassive, devoid of anything and nothing, his handsome but strong facade camouflaging his emotions. His fingers twitched as his hands involuntarily moved towards the rack. He picked the magazine up and brought it in front of his face with very slow movements.

The posture, the girl on the front page of the weekly fashion magazine had sported for the camera itself was quiet revealing, her impeccable body full-on display in a fitted, deep v-neck, off-shoulder crimson satin gown that had a slit from the thighs, exposing her shimmering long, sexy legs and a pair of maroon stilettos, complimenting the look. Her burgundy hair was straightened and pulled back, her doe-eyes were smoky and her full pulp-lips were tainted dark red. She had her head raised and her lips slightly parted, showcasing her sleek neckline and cleavage. Her hands were folded behind her head and her legs were spread apart, on either side of the chair that she was seated on and the title read,

'The Face Of Australia, 2017'-Meher Hafeez.

The words left a bitter taste in his mouth and he breathed, his shoulders and chest heaving and his nose flaring with immense agitation. A pang of madness took over him and he clenched the magazine in his fist. He shut his eyes, his brows knitting together in aggression as he brutally crushed the magazine with both of his hands. He was gritting his teeth so hard that the muscles in his neck visibly stood out against his flushed skin.

Standing in the middle of the store, he started rendering the pages of the magazine like a wild animal rendering the skin of its prey. Groaning, he pulled the rack down with a loud thud, making the magazines fall along and spread haphazardously on the floor before wheeling around the billing area towards the perfume section, stomping his foot hard on the ground.

On hearing the noises, the salesgirl who had gone to find the CDs, rushed up from the basement and started looking around with steady steps. Since it was a Sunday afternoon, the store was vacant and all the salespersons were out for lunch and were not yet back. She was the only one in the store who had stayed back. The salesgirl started checking aisle after aisle for the source of the commotion.

There, Aariz grabbed two perfume bottles in his hands and walked towards the rack with clenched teeth and baleful eyes. He halted near the heap of magazines on the floor and looked down at it, holding the neck of the bottles in his hands and bringing them up. The moment he released his hold on the bottles, the gravity pulled them down in an instant.

The sound of glass shattering echoed in the empty store, breaking the silence. The salesgirl snapped her head at the noise and started sauntering towards the billing area, frowning all the while. She turned and halted, 'What the fu-' Her eyes widening at the scene in front of her but before she could even move a muscle, Aariz hurled the burning lighter at the pile of magazines.