CHAPTER 60| THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-6)

[A/N: Hey guys! A huge shout out to neethzzz for making these amazing character boards of Laiba and Aariz. I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for making this. Looking forward for more from you ;)]

I couldn't wait to share the boards with you all so here's a chapter

Enjoy;)

*********************

From the moment he left the Haveli, he knew someone was following him.

He also knew who it was but he didn't want to give them the satisfaction of achieving what they set out for.

So, he just put his headset on, turned on the volume high and cut his way into the woods.

The Weekend's 'Starboy' blasted through his speakers as he jogged his way around, his snickers hitting the rocks and crushing dried leaves underneath his Pumas.

The person following him couldn't keep up with his pace and eventually was left behind.

After an hour, Aariz returned to the Haveli and went to 'his' room.

He closed the door behind him, walked across the room and dropped his cellphone, watch and headset on the nightstand.

And as he turned around, his eyes fell on Laiba who was sleeping on the bed, her trousers ridden up to her knees and her top upto her waist, a sliver of skin showing.

Aariz had seen a lot of girls in his life but he didn't know why he averted his gaze.

Laiba was always covered and the thought that she would have been embarrassed if she was awake was enough reason for him to walk out of there.

He took a quick shower, changed into black kurta-pants and silently exited the room.

****************************************

So much had happened that day, right from the morning until the very end of the night, Laiba's life was anything but a huge mess. She was in a mid of chaos. She was battling with the insecurities that came with Meher. She was uncomfortable with the way the crowd was treating her. She was also deep-down bothered by that abusive text that she had received from God-knows who. But when Aariz came to room that night and made her sit in front of him, teased her and just spoke to her playfully like a normal person, everything bad that had happened to her kind of just disappeared from her mind.

And even after he was gone, he was still there with her in that room.

His voice.

His face.

His words.

The feel of his hands on her skin.

Everything was unmistakably present with her throughout the night.

She did had difficulty sleeping but when she did sleep? She fell asleep with his thoughts deeply rooted in her heart and mind.

And when she woke up that morning, she found herself in the same state as she slept in.

It was ridiculously strange how much even a slightest attention from a specific person can affect someone because all she could think of as she went about her day, was him.