CHAPTER: 73 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-19)

★★★

(The reception day)

The grandeur wedding reception of Areesha Obeid Othman, the daughter of one of the country's renowned businessmen, Faheem Obeid Othman and the world-famous model, Zainab Othman was currently the talk of the town. The Othman brothers, being members of the billionaires club, had invited the society's well-known upper-class men and their families to the event. The evening was a show of utmost glamour as guests began arriving in luxurious cars dressed in ostentatious attires, with their bodyguards covering and protecting them from the crowd of hungry paparazzi dying to get their pictures outside the Othman House.

The security team grabbed in black suits and Bluetooth attached to their ears were on high alert. Some were outside the gate, trying to keep the media as away as possible while some were stationed at the entrance, carrying out necessary security checks and the rest were spread out inside the mansion. Cameras covered every square root of the mansion and there was a room full of monitors in the basement, a different team keeping everything and everyone under surveillance.

Inside, the Othman House was buzzing with people's conversations and laughter, waiters running up and down with drinks on a silver platter. Jahanrah Shah, Zainab Othman and Zara Othman were seen attending the ladies whereas Yusuf Othman and Faheem Othman were with the men in the backyard.

It was half past eight when the entire cousin squad made their entrance.

They were immediately hit by blinding flashlights, the incessant sound of cameras clicking as their cars wheezed past the crowd of paparazzi held back by the guards at a distance from the Othman House.

Together, they passed through the arches on the cobblestone pathway adorned with exquisite flowers and enchanting lights.

The private media team hired for the event began clicking their pictures as they walked in pairs, shiny shoes and clicking heels on the carpet.

Every head and every pair of eyes turned to them as they entered the backyard.

The showstoppers, Areesha and Rehaan, twined in black tuxedo and black saree, and enthusiastically waved at their friends and family who were on their feet, hooting, clapping and cheering for them.

Habeeba was seen nodding respectfully at people with a smile on her face.

Burhaan was giving away flying kisses randomly as if he were a model walking down a runway whereas Maha was making a 'V' with her fingers, looking cute in a lehenga.

Zeeshan silently walked with his sister who had her arm linked with his, beaming and waving a hand, a picture of class and elegance.

At last, Aariz and Laiba made an appearance, the former in a fitted all-black tuxedo with his hair gelled up sexily on his head and the latter in a metallic bronze gown with a shimmery cape that swept the floor as she walked.

The crowd, which had been very loudly cheering up until now, instantly hushed down a notch.

Perhaps, it was the fact that he was publicly with a girl at a family event or just 'him' that seemed to have snatched everyone's attention to them.

Every pair of eyes, their gazes, a mixture of curiosity and covetousness...was on them.

Faheem Othman chose that very exact moment to make the announcement about their marriage.

"My family and I are absolutely thrilled to share delightful news with everyone. Last month, with the blessings of Allah Subhanawatallah, our son Aariz Obeid Othman entered into matrimony with Laiba Hayat Hussain in an intimate and private ceremony attended by only close family members."