Changing Names

**********

Alicia's phone rings.

Alyssa looks over at the phone out of the side of her eyes. Smiling, she drops her pencil onto her notebook. Putting the phone to her ear, she accepts the call.

"So you call again, huh"

She sits back in her seat and crosses her ankles under the desk.

"Did you not want me to call" he says, sounding suspiciously amused.

She shrugs, even though she knows he can't see her, "You're not supposed to".

He chuckles lightly at her answer. She picks up a piece of fluff that came to rest on her sweater as he says, "So why'd you pick up?"

Frowning at his insolent answer, she pauses in her preening to answer. She huffs at him, disappointed that he had to even ask such a bizarre question.

"Well, why would I miss a chance to reform you?" she says, shaking her head slowly.

"But you're not supposed to...I don't wanna get you in trouble" he says, almost sounding concerned.

"Pssh, I am trouble" she says, waving her hand in the air dismissively.

He chuckles lightly, "Why don't I find that hard to believe"

"It doesn't matter anyways. We know who you are and I don't need to wait for another Sequestered Siblings Session to get the answer I know I'll get" she says shrugging her shoulders and picking up the pen. She doodles a little in the margin of her page.

"... sequestered siblings meeting??" he says, sounding curious.

"Just our way of checking up on each other and making diplomatic decisions"

"Interesting" he says in an unreadable tone.

She lifts her head and squints out the window, "What does that mean?"

There's a slight pause before he answers slowly, "You came up with the name, didn't you?"

Blinking slowly before she straightens slightly. "How'd you know?"

"Just a guess" he replies, sounding way too amused with the turn of the conversation.

The insolence!

"Hmmm, must be the stalker aide of you talking," she says, leaning back in the chair and twirling the pencil in her hand.

He huffs something a cross between a shout and a sigh. "Missy, there is no stalker side, you know this"

"True, but it's my nickname for you" she shrugs again and then frowns slightly"...I can always change it if you want"

There's silence. Her frown deepens even more.

"...Don't worry, I know it's stupid. I'll think of a new one," she says to him.

He says nothing.

A couple minutes later, she coughs a little before saying, "Well, I better get going...for that meeting..."

"Missy, you don-" he says after not saying anything for a long time.

"Bye Sta-" she stops herself, biting her lip quickly. "Umm...bye"

There's a loud shuffling on the other side. "Wait, don't leave. You don't have to chang-"

Alyssa quickly presses the red button before slowly paying her head down on the desk.

"So, that nickname was way out of line" she sighs heavily and squeezes her eyes shut. "I probably should've listened the first time, like a normal person"

**********

*Cue the sad music*

No more Mister Stalker y'all. Are you sad to see it go?

Be you lovelies xx