10 Days Later

Alyssa

Stephanys

***********

"You're not seriously still mad at me are you?"

"..."

"It's been 10 days Stephanys!"

"...not enough"

"Not enough?!"

"..."

"It was cookies Steph. I could've made you some if you really wanted"

"...it's not about that"

"What is it about?"

"..."

"..."

"You didn't come to see me"

"....To see you?"

"You clearly planned ahead to come over since you made something and you knew you'd get to meet us before anyone in your family and you only met everyone else"

"..."

".. it's just...it kinda hurt that you'd be okay with seeing everyone else, even the Joker - who Alicia hasn't even seen - and you didn't even leave a cookie for me"

"...I...I'm sorry Stephanys"

"..."

"Would you believe me if I tell you I was scared?"

"Scared?!"

"Yeah...you're kinda scary buttercup"

"How am I scary??"

"Stephanys. We've been talking for a couple of months now and to be honest...I was deathly scared of actually meeting you face to face. I'm not the...best-looking person ever and I just didn't think you'd want to talk to me after...you know...seeing me. Then to find out that your dad is handsome...what courage I may have had went flying out the door..."

"..."

"And I never made all those cookies for your dad. You guys were supposed to share"

"..."

"..."

"So he ate all those cookies on purpose? I knew it!"

"...is that all you got from that?"

"Of course not!"

"..."

"How could you think that I'd stop talking to you?"

"...I...I don't know. I just did I guess"

"I guess I should expect such nonsense from a Maltese"

"You! I-

"Now listen here, Missy. If there's one thing that had been keeping me sane these last few months, it's talking to you"

"Don't lie-

"Do you know how long I've wondered what you look like? How short you are. Whether you've got a cheeky smile or a blank face with a mischievous twinkle in your eyes when you make fun of me. If you've got a dimple. If you've got long hair or short. What colour your eyes are. How your face lights up when you smile. If you narrow your eyes when I insult you. All sorts of things"

"You've...thought about all that?"

"Of course I have, Missy"

"..."