12.

Adeline Campbell

I'm doing it again.

I'm forgiving him again. After everything he said and done, after the pictures, after the insults, after the lies. I still forgive him.

Why

I get lost in my thoughts but am ripped out of them by a knock on my door. Me and my mother wanted to go to a café here in Paris together. She said that she needed to talk to me about something.

I open the door, greeted by my mother in her intimidating big black sunglasses. "Hey mom" I say, opening the door further, "Hey honey, are you ready?"

"Yes, in a minute" I say as I rush around to get my shoes and sunglasses. It's really sunny here, completely different then with Germany.

"Okay, I called the car service. We'd drive into a cafe more in the city" she informs me, tipping something on her phone.

As we get into the car I see Harry talking to some man in black suits. They are full black clothed, making me wonder how they don't sweat.

Harrys frowned face catches my eyes, giving me a questioning look. I just shrug and close the door behind me. My mother was already on the other side, looking out of the unmoving car.

As the car starts moving my mother speaks up,
"We'll talk about some serious stuff, okay? You have to take it seriously but not too serious, don't be nervous"

"Okay?"

We are soon in the cafe, its a high building with the cafe on the top. It has a beautiful view, nice dressed people. Its really pretty here, probably one of the prettiest I've ever been to.

My mother checks in our reservation, a waiter leading our way to the kitchen. Pulling our chairs back for us, my mother and I give him a friendly smile before starting with our conversation.

"So you know about the training I always wanted for you?" My mother starts sounding a bit off, I just nod having an idea where this is going. "Well, things are about to get serious, I can't tell you how or why but I just need you to trust me okay?"

"Okay, I'll always trust you" I assure her, she seems pleased by my words. "You'll have to start with your Training again. Picking up from where you left, you need to be good almost perfect with all if them.
Be it knives or guns, I need you to manage"

What?

My mother always wanted me to be good with weapons, I never questioned it. I thought it would relax her knowing I could defend myself. But the Theme with guns and knives was something I never understood.

I had three trainers at once, it felt like a fucking assassin work out and not normal self defense classes. I always joked about that until I looked normal self defense classes online up.

They didn't teach their students how to throw knives, shoot a bulls eye from distance or any sort of physical fight I've learned. They didn't teach them the weaknesses of humans.

"But I-" I try but she cuts me off, with her eyebrows raised. "Trust me"

I nod, looking down at the menu. The waiter soon comes, asking us what we would like to have.
My mother and I take the same old coffee and cake.

Cake

I finally feel good about myself again. I'm able to eat full meals again, working on my body with sport on a healthy way.

The waiter brings it way too quick, almost like he expected us to order that. "Thank you"

"I already got you your trainer" My mother says, going back to the subject. "Okay" I agree, knowing theres no way out, so I can just go with it. It worries me where this suddenly came from and why she's so strict about this, I mean it's normal to want security but this?