25.

Adeline Campbell

Harry kept turning and tossing in bed, he always mumbled some name in his sleep. Pleading him to stop and apologized repeatedly. I got really worried...

Its now three in the morning and I decide to finally wake him up and calm him down. I lean forward and put my hand on his forehead, only to check if he's getting sick. Its mostly the reason for nightmares and I wouldn't be surprised since we were outside while its raining.

But no, he isn't sick. This reminds me of the night he cried in my arms. It was such a heartbreaking sight,
seeing him so vulnerable. I know that he hates to be.

I try to softly shake him awake but he doesn't cooperate, he starts to shake his head furiously and bangs in against his pillow. I get over him, practically straddling him as I try to stop him from his shaking body.

Still in a sleeping state he sits up and keeps banging his head, but this time its against the wall. I quickly take a pillow and put it between his head and the wall.

"Harry! Please wake up"

He still doesn't answer me, "Harry cmon! You are going to hurt yourself" he finally slows down, but still isn't completely awake.

His breathing pace slows down and he seems breathless, his eyebrows are tightly shut. I slowly let go of his head and relax as he finally wakes up.

"Its okay. I'm here and I'm not letting you down"

His eyes slowly open and look at me tiredly, his lips are in a frown. He seems disoriented and confused about the position and state that we are in, but soon it looks like something clicks in his mind.
"I-I'm sorry" I shake my head and shush him,
"You don't have to apologize, its fine"

He shakes his head and goes to say something,
but stops when he feels the pillow behind his head. He raises his eyebrows in confusing, "You kept banging your head against the wall and I couldn't stop you"

"Thank you,"

I sigh and rub his arms, his eyes trail down as he realizes the position that we are in. A small smile makes it to his face, I widen my eyes and try to stand up, but of course he stops me mid act.

He just keeps a tight grip before letting go with a sigh. When I lay down next to him I let out a giggle,
he turns his head to me in confusing as he lays down himself.

"Your hair"

He widens his eyes and runs his fingers through the mess. I lift my hands to get the small knot in his hair out, he just huffs in annoyance as his hands seem to big. My hands instead work perfectly and clear up the mess in minutes.

"I'm going to fucking cut it"

I furrow my eyebrows at him, "Don't you dare, Harold" He only pouts at that with an annoyed expression at the use of his full name, "Stop fucking calling me that. Why do you care about my hair in first place?" I shrug my shoulders and look around as I think about it, "I don't know. I still didn't get to pull on it"

He growls and crawls on top of me, "Don't say shit like that if you're only bark and not bite"

I look up at him breathlessly, I didn't expect him to act like this, only to let out a snarky comment in return. I flutter my eyes shut for a mini-second and lean closer to him, our noses touch gently before I take all the confidence in me and softly kiss him.

His lips are as warm as for a couple of hours, but this time its different. There isn't this sweetness and care from back then. He bites down on my lip and then moves to my tongue, both soaking in blood.
The taste of metal is overcoming the one of our warmth and nature scent.