28.

TW: This chapter includes Smut !!

Adeline Campbell

It was a silent drive. He didn't talk, just glanced at me worriedly a couple of times. I shrugged it off, since I'd be worried to if he came to me like that. I don't even know where we are driving, it's still early so I guess he'll do a quick stop with me somewhere before going back to the beach.

After another five minutes of silence he speaks up,
"We are here" I look around and see that he brought us to a little restaurant. It looks comfortable here, only small families and old people surrounding us. I get out of the car and rush inside, before I completely get through the door I hear Jack sigh a little to himself.
He's probably confused on what happened, literally ten minutes ago everything was fine from his perspective.

He comes up and holds the door open for me, I give him a small forced smile and get through the entrance.
He guides me to a table for two, getting the chair for me. He was always the perfect gentleman. Around people at least.

Soon the waitress comes up and looks at us questioningly, since both of us are in bathing clothes and I have a small tear stain running down my right cheek.

"Two mimosas please" Jack speaks up and looks at me with a smile, which I do not return "I know how much you like them" I nod my head, I guess you can't forgot small details about someone that you spend your whole life with. The waitress doesn't take long to keep up with our small order.

After I take a sip of my own I prepare myself for the question that Jack is about to ask.

"What boy made you cry like this?" He hums and caresses my hand. I give him a questioning look,
"How do you know that theres a boy?"

How did he just guess that. Did everyone saw us?
Did everyone hear us?

He gives me a 'don't be stupid' look,
"Please. I saw your tear filled eyes enough to categories them perfectly"

I chuckle sadly and slump a little against the seat,
"His name is Harry" I give in. He furrows his eyebrows, "The guy in the band?"

"I thought you didn't know about them?" I tease him,
he smiles "You were going with them for almost a year. Of course I'll to my research" wow, where was this kind of care months ago?

It only makes me imagine more about what kind of a relationship between me and Harry would look like. But through his last actions I found the perfect word for it: Non-existing

And never will be.

"So. What did that Harry boy do" he asks somehow uncomfortable, at least he's trying. Harry could never in a million years sit down with me and talk about another boy in a civil manner.

"This is so weird" I state instead.

He chuckles, "Yeah, it is. But I know that there isn't a big of a chance for us to get back together. So I'd rather help with your happiness in other ways. Even if I have to hear you talk about another guy" huh, this is new

I press my lips to a small thankful smile and grip his hand, "That means a lot" it does. Even though our relationship was mostly calm the breakup wasn't a pleasing one.

He clears his throat, "Okay, now tell me. Or just ask me for advice of something- I have no fucking idea how this works. Where the fuck is Marie when you need her."

I laugh a little, "You are just as good. But don't let her hear that"

"No way, she'd come for my head" he agrees, before his face turns a bit more serious in a yet soft manner.
I know that he wants me to start without having to push me.