Prologue

The avengers were downstairs having a meeting. I have no idea what It was about but I'm never apart of them. I'm starting to think dad is ashamed of me. He reassured me that it's because I'm too young but that doesn't make sense because I'm nearly 17.

I can hear dad shouting at Steve. It's funny really. He always does. It's not even about things that matter. Just about stuff like how he stuck his tongue out at Bucky or Bruce. Stupid really.

I was sat in my room, listening to music, when I heard a noise. I did what any reasonable teen would do. I grabbed my phone and begun recording. My breathing fastened as I began to panic. There it is again.

I looked towards the wall and saw the weirdest thing. It was dissolving into nothing more than dust. I watched it for a second more before a bunch of men in white suits walked through. I watched and waited while they all filled my room.

I started to slowly step back towards the door with my phone in my hand and pulled the handle down. The door creaked and all eyes shot to me. One of the men walked towards me with his hands out. "Listen, we aren't going to hurt you, Stark," He said. His voice was raspy.

"How do you know my name?" I asked. I tried to stop my voice from shaking but it was useless. He stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder. "Answer me, please!" I said a bit louder.

He smiled and pulled me in for a hug. I struggled and tried to get out of his embrace. He put his head next to my ear. I felt his warm breath on my neck. I shivered from panic. "You're going to save the world, Y/n," He whispered before putting a bag over my head.

I screamed and struggled to get out of the grasp of many hands but failed miserably. I didn't know where I was going or who I was with. All I could think about was dad. How I never got to say goodbye or tell him that I'm special. That I hear people's thoughts in my mind.

Tears picked my eyes as the grip of the hand on my wrist tightened. I felt a stinging pain shoot up my arm. It took all my strength not to fall on my knees and break down crying. I heard voices and me. Not voices. Thoughts. Scary stuff like, 'What if Stark finds out.' And, 'What will Ava do to her?'

I didn't know what to think about them. If I'm honest I didn't have time to think about them because before I knew it I was being forced into a chair and the bag was being pulled off my head. My breathing fastened again as I searched the room for some kind of familiarity. My eyes stopped on a rat-like man who was stood in front of me.

"Hello, Y/n," He said. His voice was raspy, like the man who took me from home, but it wasn't him. He was different. "I hope no one hurt you on your way here," I subconsciously held my wrist in my hand and rubbed slightly, remembering the pain I felt earlier. I looked the man in the eyes and shook my head.

"Why am I here?" I asked. The man walked over to a chair and pulls it over to me. The noise of the metal on the tile made my ears bleed. He sat on the chair and smiled at me.

"You're special, Y/n, -" He said. I interrupted him.

"I'm sorry, Ratman, but the only special one here is you," I said. I stood up and walked towards the door but felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck. I turned around with my hand on the source of my pain and saw a doctor, or someone I thought to be a doctor, standing there with a syringe. "What did you do to me?" I asked sleepily.

"Don't worry Stark," He said, "You won't remember a thing," Then everything faded into nothingness.