Chapter 21

I checked the group over but no one was gravely injured. I walked away to Lawrence's room. "Hello, Greenie." He said happily. I walked over to him. He was watering the plants that he had in his room.

"They're beautiful," I said. I smelt one of the flowers. "There's a group of people. Gally picked them up. Some of them are from my maze, another is my brother." I said. He looked at me.

"Why are they here?" He asked.

"I don't know," I said. "But WICKED is after them. We could use them to get in." I said. "We already know the way into the walls," I said. He put his finger to my mouth.

"Shh, bring them in." He said. I walked away and back to Medbay. I found Gally. "Bring them in but make sure you tell them not to stare," I whispered to him. He nodded. I turned and walked back to Lawrence.

G A L L Y ' S P O V

"Why is she acting differently?" Asked Newt. I looked at him.

"She's changed. She's different." I said.

"What happened to her?" He asked.

"Nothing happened to her, she just feels responsibility towards Lawrence. And she thinks you've replaced her." I said. He looked at Brenda.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She loves you Newt," I said. She came back out of Lawrence's room. She looked at Thomas, completely ignoring Newt.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"WICKED has Minho." He said. Tears formed in her eyes. She walked away again.

"Right, I'm going to take you in there to see Lawrence. One, don't stare, Two, he doesn't get a lot of visitors, let me do the talking." I said. We walked into Lawrence's room. Greenie was there. She was taking a blood sample from herself to make more serum. I guess Newt saw this.

"You lied!" He whispered. "She's acting differently because she's losing blood!" He said.

"No, she isn't!" I said.

"Hello Gally," Lawrence said.

Y / NP O V

"How are you feeling Lawrence?" Asked Gally.

"Better than yesterday." He said. I took the IV bag off the hook and filled it up with more.

"Gally, I need to talk to you," I said. He nodded. "Can I leave you with these for a minute?" I asked Lawrence.

"Of course, Greenie." He said. I smiled. I and Gally walked out of the room.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I pulled up my sleeve to reveal my vein riddled skin.

"We need to get into WICKED, our blood isn't enough," I said. He looked at me. He was crying.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Because I'm dying Gally!." I shouted. "I'm dying slowly and it hurts," I screamed pushing him against the wall.

"Thomas can help us in." He said. I nodded and walked into the room again. I finished sorting out the IV and walked back over to Lawrence and Gally.

"We can get you what you need," Thomas said to Lawrence.

"And what do you think we need?" He asked.

"Time," Thomas said looking at the IV.

"We have all we need," I said sourly. "We have enough blood to keep us all alive," I said. Lawrence turned around and looked at me. I was pale.

"Us?" Newt said.

"Yes, Us," I said. I looked at Newt.

"Who is 'us'?" He asked. I looked at Newt again.

"There's more than just us here, Newt. We've lost people to the flare." I said. I looked at the girl. I looked away.

"WICKED has something we both want." Said Thomas. "Gally said you can get us through the walls."

"Gally should know better than to make promises he can't keep." He said. "Do you know what I am Thomas? I'm a businessman. That means I don't take unnecessary risks." He said.

"He could lure Teresa to us," I said shyly. "Then she can get us in, and we can get the serum," I said.

"Take two, the rest stay here with me, a bit of insurance to make sure you find your way back." He said. I smiled. "And you can stay here too." He said looking at me. I looked at him outraged.

"You don't want to mess with me right now Lawrence," I said.

"I know how it feels Greenie, but if you get caught in there I've lost you." He said. I hugged him you've lost me already," I whispered.