Chapter 5

Over the next few days, I worked as a Builder with Gally, a Slicer with Winston, A runner with Minho, A Bagger with Dan, A Med-jack with Clint and Jeff, A map-maker with Scott, A slopper with Leo and Bricknick with Nick.

Today was the day, I finally found out which keeper wanted me to work with them.

I followed Alby into the council hall and sat in a chair that was in the middle of a circle of other chairs. I looked at the floor trying to avoid eye contact with any of the graders surrounding me. "As First in command, I now declare this gathering started," Alby hollered. The murmuring of the keepers stopped as Alby stood up.

"Will the keeper that wants Y/n to work with them please stand," Alby said again. My eyes cast across the group around me, hoping for someone good to stand. To my surprise, Clint and Jeff stood up. My heart skipped a beat. I smiled and once again caught Newt's eye. I felt my cheeks flushing red. I looked away and stayed seated as the keepers filled out the council hall.

When the last one left I stood up and walked out the door. I saw Gally by the first and walked over. "Hey, Gally?" I asked. He turned around and smiled. "Where's the shower?" He pointed at the structure in the corner. "Thank you!" I shouted while running over.

I walked into the small shower room. I turned on the water and the room started steaming up. I got undressed and stepped under the water. I closed the curtain and started to do my hair. I was rinsing out the shampoo when I heard the door open. "OCCUPIED!" I shouted.

"I can tell." Came a voice. "It's Newt." It said again. I stuck my head out of the shower curtain and smiled.

"What can I help you with?" I asked. He smiled.

"I heard you a Med-Jack?" He asked.

"You heard correctly," I said. He laughed. "What do you need?"

"Well, I have a terrible pain in my heart I was wondering if you could help me?" He asked.

"I think you're lovesick," I said. He smiled.

"Is there a cure?" He asked.

"There is, you have to tell her," I said. He smiled and walked closer to me.

"Y/n, I'm deeply in love with you." He said. I smiled. I kissed him softly while covering the rest of my body with the shower curtain.

"I love you too, now please, I'm kind of in the shower," I said. He smirked.

"Of course." He said. I put the curtain down and finished rinsing my hair when I heard the curtain open. I turned around and saw Newt stood there. I smirked. "May I join you?" He asked.

"Don't try anything funny," I said sternly.

"Never."