Chapter 19

We've been with Lawrence for a year now. We're safe. Not a day goes past that I don't think of Newt, Minho, Thomas, Fry, Winston and Aris. I've made friends here though. I am once again the only girl. I'm used to it though.

Gally went out this morning to tell the others in our little city about WICKED with Alex. Alex and Gally are like my brothers. Lawrence loves me. He talks to me like I'm his daughter. I spend a lot of time with him. "How are you today?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"Better than I was yesterday." He said. I smiled. Just then we heard loud bangs coming from outside. "WICKED is shooting again." He said.

"Don't worry, we will find a way in there soon," I said. I kissed his forehead and walked out.

"Y/n!" He shouted after me. I turned around and looked at him. He smiled. "Thank you." He said. I smiled and walked out. I saw Peter and Jamie stood outside the door. They looked worried.

"What happened?" Jamie asked.

"Is he Ok?" Asked Peter. They were the youngest here. I was 19 now.

"He's fine. You guys need to get back to doing your tasks before Lawrence finds out." I said, laughing. I liked it here. I enjoyed looking after everyone. Especially, Lawrence, he was like a father to me.

G A L L Y ' S         P O V

I was sat on the back of the truck while Alex spoke through the megaphone. We all had our gas masks on so no one could see who we were. I was looking through the crowd and I saw them. All of them and a few more. Stood in the crowd. Thomas, Newt, Fry, a blonde-haired boy, a brown-haired girl and a black-haired man.

We stopped the van and jumped off as everyone started running towards the doors. "There's a group of people at the front. We need to lure them into the back of that building and get them in the vans. Greenie would want to see them." I said. They all nodded. They were stood at the front of the crowd. They were starring at the guns but Newt was looking directly at me.

"Guys, we should go!" He shouted at the group. He pointed at me and Alex and James and Callum. They started running back and away when the guns started going off. They ran straight into the building we wanted them to. We grabbed them and put them in the back of two vans.

"Take them to base!" I said. I hopped on the back of the van with Newt and Fry in it. After a couple of utes, we got back to base. Y/n was stood waiting for us. I walked over to us. "Go round the corner for a moment please, Greenie," I said. She walked away and towards Lawrence's room.

We opened the back of the van when the man pounced on Callum. I ran forward to get him off. "Where is she! Where is Brenda?" He kept shouting. The girl stepped forward and put her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm here." She said. He got off Callum and hugged the girl I assumed was Brenda.