Chapter 6

The night came quickly.  There was a bonfire tonight, to celebrate me becoming a Med-Jack. The keepers lit the fire and Frypan made food and sorted out the alcohol. None of us knew how old we were so it was fine. I sat with Gally and Newt with a drink in my hand. Gally promised he wouldn't let me get too carried away.

After one drink a black-haired boy came over to me and smiled. "I don't think we've had the liberty of meeting, I'm Jackson." He said. He put his hand on my arm and tried to pull me over to him. I looked at him furiously.

"If you don't get your hands off me in 2 seconds you won't have hands," I said calmly. He let go and I smiled at him. "Hi Jackson, I'm Y/n," I said, happily. I drank the rest of my drink and sat back next to Gally and Newt. "Do you want another drink?" I asked.

"I promised I wouldn't let you get carried away, Greenie." Said, Gally. I laughed and punched him playfully.

"Loosen up Gally. Newt will have another drink, won't you?" I asked. He smiled and handed me his cup. "I'll be right back," I said as I walked away to get another drink for me and Newt. I poured the drink into our cups and walked back. I handed Newt his cup and sat down.

I started downing my drink when Gally stopped me. "Gally!" I said in outrage. He smiled.

"Go dance?" He asked. I smiled. I drank the rest of my drink and stood up. I started dancing to the music when I realised Gally wasn't dancing too. I walked back over to him and Newt and pulled him up. "No, I don't dance." He said. I gave him a fake pout and pulled Newt up instead.

We danced and drank together for ages to the point I couldn't stand. I laughed as I tried to walk myself to my hut and fell over. Newt tried to help me up but ended up on the floor with me. We both burst out laughing and Gally walked over and carried us both to the cabin that we shared. He laid us down on our beds then walked out.

I sat up and looked over at Newt and burst out laughing when we caught eye contact. I stopped laughing and just looked at him for a second. 'God, I am utterly in love with a British boy,' I thought. Then burst out laughing again before a deep slumber overtook me and I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up in a large room with a long table in the middle. There was a man on the opposite side to me. He smiled. Something about him made me feel comfortable. I smiled back. He looked like me. "Y/n," He said. I nodded. "I think it's time you become an Avenger."

For some reason, my heart skipped a beat. Did I want to be an Avenger? What was an Avenger? Who was this man? I looked up at him with a huge smile and ran into his arms. "Thank you, dad!" I yelled. Dad? My dad?

I pulled away from the hug and he kissed me on the forehead. "You are going to be the new Tony Stark, Y/n Stark," He said. A knot appeared in my stomach.

"What do you mean, the new Tony stark? You're not going to die!" I said a bit too loud. His face dropped.

"Y/n Stark. You are the bravest person I know. You will be Ok-"

"Don't do that!" I said.

"Don't do what?" He asked.

"Don't act like you're saying goodbye for the last time!" I whispered.

"Oh, but Y/n," he said. I looked up at him, hopefully, "I am." With that, a brown-haired boy ran into the room and grabbed him by the arms. He was followed by a bunch of other men. They pulled and pushed and scratched at him until his arms came clean off his body.

"Good job, Thomas," One of the men said. I sat there screaming at the sight.

I was woken up by Newt, Gally and Minho shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and backed into the corner of my bed before looking around frantically for the hooded men. When I saw no sign of them, my breathing calmed down and I sunk into my pillow. I broke into tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Newt asked, softly. It just made me cry more.

"I saw him," I whispered.

"Who?" Someone asked.

"A boy, I think he's called Thomas,"