Chapter 10

I kissed Chuck on the head before walking over to the Med-Jacks. I walked in and saw Jeff and Clint stood around a table. I went over and stood at the other side of the table. "What are we doing today?" I asked. Just then we heard screams coming from outside. I looked from Jeff to Clint then ran out the Med-Jacks.

Thomas was running out of the forest shouting for someone to help him. I ran over when I saw Ben running after him. I put my arms around Ben and pulled him away from Thomas. "Ben, what happened?" I asked. He glared at Thomas.

"It's all his fault!" He shouted. Alby came over and looked at Thomas on the floor and Ben. I knew what had happened. Ben had been stung. I ushered Ben away.

"Y/N!" Shouted Alby, "Where are you taking him?" He shouted.

"I'M DOING MY JOB, ALBY! I'm GOING TO HELP HIM!" I shouted. I help Ben's arms behind his back and took him to the Med-Jacks. I played him on the bed and pulled up his shirt. He put his hands down to stop me.

"NO, please no." He whispered. Tears were falling down his face. I lifted his hands.

"I won't let them hurt you, Ben. I will keep you safe, they're gonna want to banish you but something came up with Thomas. I'll see if it works." I said. HE nodded. I lifted his shirt to reveal a blue hole in his stomach. "It might not work Ben," I said softly.

"Just do it please." He whispered. I pulled out a syringe and injected him in the arm. He played there still for a second.

"Ben?" I whispered.

"I KILL HIM!" He screamed.

They banished Ben. Ben was a good friend of mine. I made him better. I calmed him down but he kept screaming that he was going to kill Thomas. I played in my area with tears streaming down my face. I started singing. I haven't sung since that night 2 years ago.

"And I was running far away," I sang in a whisper. No matter how quiet I sang, my voice would always echo across the whole glade, "Would I run off the world someday? Nobody knows, nobody ever knows." I sang.

Tears were streaming down my face but my voice was still beautiful.

T H O M A S '        P O V :

"I was dancing in the rain, I felt alive and I can't complain. But lord take me home, take me home where I belong," A voice was echoing through the glade. Newt was stood up looking around. His face was contoured with panic.

"Newt, what's happening?" I asked. He looked at me.

"It's Y/n, Something's wrong!" He said. He started running off in the direction of the singing. I followed him.

"I can't take it anymore, and I'll keep running for a soft place to fall." The singing got louder. I looked around and saw a small figure played on the grass.

"Newt!" I shouted. He looked at me and I pointed at Y/n. He ran over to her and sat down next to her. I followed and sat on the opposite side of her. "Hey, Hey Hey," I said softly. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm sorry Tommy," She said. Tears stained her face. She still looked beautiful though.

"What for?" I asked confused.

"Everything." She said. "The truth is, I would follow you anywhere, all of us would." She said. I smiled. Newt put his hand on her shoulder. She smiled, "Newt," She whispered, "I love you, so much." She said.

I smiled at Newt. "I love you too." He said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Forever."

N E W T ' S      P O V :

I laid with her until she fell asleep. She'd lost a very good friend and now she professed her love for me. I walked over to where Tommy was working in the gardens. He smiled at me goofily. "Shut up!" I said. I punched him playfully in the arm. We burst out laughing.

"I need you to take me to where Ben got stung tomorrow. Bring Y/n too. We need a med-jack." I heard Alby say to Minho. I walked over to them.

"Y/n isn't going anywhere!" I said sternly. "Have you seen her? She has just sung for the first time in two MONTHS, ALBY! And you know why she stopped singing!" I shouted.

"Newt, she needs to come. In case one of us gets stung." He said calmly.

"And what if she gets hurt?" I asked.

"She is coming, that's that. Where is she?" He asked.

"She's asleep," I said. I turned and walked over to Tommy again.

"What happened two months ago?" He asked. I gulped.

"That's for Y/n to tell you, Tommy," I said.

"Ok."