Chapter 18

N E W T ' S       P O V.

We were sat in a large hall with a bunch of tables. I sat down with Minho and Frypan and a couple of others that we didn't know. "How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Not long 2-3 days maybe." He said. He pointed at a boy sitting by himself, "That boy has been here the longest though, just over a week. His name is Aris." He said.

We kept eating for a while when I felt someone tap my shoulder. Me, Minho, Thomas and Fry turned around and saw Aris stood there. He looked confused. "There was a girl who was supposed to be in your maze, where is she?" He asked.

"Teresa?" Asked Thomas. He shook his head.

"No, I got told her name was Y/n." He said. Tears formed in my eyes. I could see her lifeless body laying on the floor next to Gally.

"She- um- She got killed," I said. Tears formed in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Asked Minho.

"I'm Aris, I work with her dad." He said.

Y / N   P O V

The truck stopped outside a large city with walls around it. "This is it. We can't get in so we have a secret camp around here." Alex said, "Follow us and we'll take you to Lawrence." He said. We followed Alex into a large building.

He walked into a room and ushered us to come forward. "Who are you and what do you want?" Asked a voice.

"I'm Y/n, this is Gally. We just escaped the maze. Everyone thinks we're dead." I said.

"So you're immunes?" Asked the voice again.

"We are." Said, Gally. He stepped forward to reveal a man quite handsome if he was infected with the flare. I smiled.

"We can give you what you need, in return, we get to stay here," I said.

"And what is it I need." He asked.

"Lawrence, I can take a bit of blood from them and she can make you a serum." Said Alex. Lawrence smiled widely.

"Very well. You can stay. But you do your part. Y/n will be on the medical side of everything. Gally, you can be with Alex." He said. I shook his hand and we walked out. Alex showed us to our rooms and bathrooms. I sat on my bed and sighed.

"It's been a while since we've sat on a real bed huh?" Said, Gally. I smiled.

"4 months, I was in the maze. And I got out." I said.

"Just get some sleep." He said. And with that, I closed my eyes and had the best night sleep I've had in a long time.