Chapter 17

I was laid in the middle of the floor. I took off my overshirt and tied it around my arm to stop the bleeding. I then rummaged through my bag to find the griever serum. I walked over to Gally and injected the serum through his arm. He stirred slightly. I grabbed the spear and pulled it out. It hadn't gone all the way through.

I took his jacket off his waist and put pressure on the wound. The bleeding stopped and I bandaged it up. He opened his eyes. I smiled. "Good morning," I said softly. He smiled.

"Where are the others?" He asked.

"They got taken. The men thought we were dead, and so do the others." I said. Tears fell down my face. He looked at my arm and frowned.

"I did that?" He asked. I nodded. He was about to say sorry.

"But it's fine. You were half out of your mind, You don't need to apologise" I said. I bandaged up my arm and stood up. I put my hand out to help Gally get up. He took it and helped himself up. I looked around for a second when I saw Chuck played on the floor. "But that you could've avoided!" I said.

We walked in the direction the men ushered the others in and we came out in a large desert. I looked around for a second before I heard a car. I stood still as the car stopped fronts hhereeral men in the truck. "Are you lot going to the last city?" One of the men asked. I looked at Gally. He nodded.

"Yeah," I said. He moved over and patted the seats next to him.

"Hop on then." He said. I ran forward and jumped onto the back of the truck. Gally followed. "I'm Alec." He said.

"Y/n." I said, "But everyone calls me Greenie." I said.

"Gally." Said, Gally.

"What are you two doing out here then?" He asked

"We just got out the maze. The others got taken by a bunch of men." I said.

"So your immunes?" He asked. I nodded.

"Do you know where the others were taken?" Asked Gally.

"WICKED's got them." He said. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Don't worry, they'll get out." Said Gally in my ear.

"I hope so."