Chapter 4

I was woken up by Gally shaking me vigorously. I groaned. "Gally, what?" I asked. He laughed. "What?" I moaned.

"You need to be in the kitchens," He said. I stood up and gave him a death stare. "Sorry, but you need to be there." He said. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing.

"Come on then!" I shouted while running over to Frypan's kitchen. I stood at the front and waited for Frypan. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Fry.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded. I followed him into the kitchen and watched as he showed me where everything was. He showed me how to turn on the oven, use the microwave and what techniques to use while cutting vegetables.

"You got that?" He asked. I looked at him and smiled.

"Yup," I said with a nod. He walked over to me and sat next to me. "So for breakfast, we need to make bacon and eggs, you wanna help?" He asked.

"It's not like I have much of a choice, I have to." I laughed. Fry laughed with me. I walked over to the fridge and got out some Bacon and eggs. Fry watched carefully as I friend the eggs and Bacon and put them in plates ready for the gladers.

"Well gone Greenie." He said. He looked at the bacon. "Evenly cooked, evenly seasoned, I'd say it's perfect." He said. I clapped my hands and jumped up and down. "Breakfast is soon, you need to start serving." He said. I nodded and took some plates out to the front of the kitchen.

"It's Y/n, by the way," I said. He nodded and smiled.

I waited until people started to line up outside the kitchen. I handed them a plate of bacon and eggs and they walked away and sat down. Alex came to the kitchen and smiled. "Having fun?" He asked. I smiled.

"Frypan said my bacon is perfect," I said. He smiled and took a bit of the bacon on his plate. He looked up at me and smiled.

"It's amazing!" He said with a mouthful. I laughed and he walked away to the table where Newt and Chuck were sat. Next in line was Mason. I smiled.

"Hey there, gorgeous." He said. I blushed and handed him a plate. He smiled and he walked away to the table he normally sits at. Gally was next.

"Thanks for waking me up this morning, Gally," I said. He smiled and took the plate from my hands.

"Anytime," He said. I smiled as he walked away to the table with Mason and Alec. Gally was the last in the line. I turned around and looked at Frypan.

"You did good, go eat then come back to start preparing lunch." He said. I nodded and picked up a plate. I walked over to the table Gally, Mason and Alec were sat at. I sat in my normal spot, next to Mason and across from Gally and started eating.

"This is Great!" Exclaimed Mason. I blushed and started to eat. As soon as the bacon touched my tongue I pushed my head back. I couldn't remember the last time I ever had bacon. But it was heavenly.

•••

I sat down at the table and started to butter a bunch of bread and made the sandwiches for lunch.

After I had finished Fry said that I could go get to know the other gladers. I walked out of the kitchens and towards the fire pit, where Newt and Alby were sat talking. Alby smiled when he saw me.

"Hey there, Greenie." He said. I smiled and sat next to him. I caught Newts's eye. My stare lingered a little longer than it should have but I couldn't help it. I mean if you saw his eyes you would understand. Wait. Did I just think that? I looked away and blushed slightly. CRAP! I think I like Newt!