Chapter 2

The glade was beautiful. The grass was green, not brown. The trees were tall, not drooping. The sun was shining, not hiding. And Gally was being stupid,  as always. He got told by Alby to keep showing me around. Said I've warmed up to him. I laughed when Alby said that, but I guess I have.

Gally showed me the homestead, gardens, the graveyard, the firepit and the Medjacks.  I think this place needs me in there. "So Y/n, what do you know about yourself?" He asked. I smiled.

"I know the basics, and my name, and age, I'm 17 by the way," I said laughing. He laughed.

"So you know what you wanna be yet?" He asked. I shook my head. "We'll see tomorrow, but for now. It's getting late, you should go to bed." He said. I pouted.

"I don't sleep inside," I said. He looked at me confused. "I like the stars." I said, "So I sleep on the grass." I said. He nodded. I walked over to the fire pit and sat down. I looked at the sky and smiled. I always found safety in the stars. I played down and looked for the constellations. Leo, Scorpio, Cassiopeia, Andromeda, Draco, Lyra.

I heard footsteps behind me. I sat up quickly and looked around. I saw the blonde boy who walked away earlier. I smiled at the thought, it was rude he didn't want to say hi but respectful too. "Mind if I join you, Greenie?" He asked. I nodded and laid back down. "I'm Newt by the way." He said. I smiled.

"I'm Y/n," I said. He smiled and shifted slightly. "They're beautiful aren't they?" I asked. "The stars."

"Yeah," He said softly. I smiled.

"I find comfort in them. Feel like my family is out there somewhere. Knowing she is under the same sky brings me comfort." I said. He smiled. I pointed at a group of stars. "That there is constellation Leo. It's in the shape of a lion. Supposed to be brave, manly, fierce and feared. I think it's just a stereotype though. Not all lions are dangerous." I said softly.

I felt my eyes grow heavy. I yawned slightly. "Are you tired?" He asked. I nodded. "You want a hug?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. He pulled me closer. I put my head on his chest and listened to the steady beating of his heart.

"Thank you," I said slowly.

"What for?" He asked.

"For walking away earlier," I said. "It was respectful. I felt like a human, not an object." I said.

"I left because I didn't want you to be uncomfortable. And because I went to get you a jumper but you got one." He said.

"Thank you," I said. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. Newt was a good friend. He made me feel safe.

____________________________________________________

A U T H O R ' S       N O T E :

So you think Newt is a good friend.