Chapter 12

We ran into the maze as fast as we could. We turned a couple of corners and stopped. "This is it, This is where he disappeared." Said Minho. We stood still for a second. Just then we heard clanking. Metal on stone. I turned around slowly and saw a griever stood there.

"RUN!" Shouted Alby. I turned to run but the griever tail grabbed me. I felt the claw digging into my back. I looked at Alby and Minho and shook my head.

"Go!" I shouted. Alby turned to run but Minho stood on the spot. "Minho go!" I said again. He didn't do anything. Alby was long gone. Minho took out his knife and we started fighting.

N E W T ' S      P O V :

We saw Alby running out of the maze. I looked around and didn't see Minho or Y/n. I ran over to them. "Where is she?" I asked. They shook their heads. "WHERE IS SHE!" I shouted. I looked back into the maze.

"The griever got her." Said Alby. "She belongs to the maze now." Tears formed in my eyes. I walked away to find Gally.

I saw Gally building a small hut. "She didn't come back," I whispered. He turned around and looked at me. Tears fell out of his eyes. "She got taken by the griever," I said. He pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back.

When we pulled apart his eyes were full of anger. "It's his fault. And her fault." He said. By her, he was referring to the girl who came up in the box earlier. Anger filled me and we ran to the Med-Jacks.

"Where's Y/n?" Asked Jeff.

"She didn't come back," I said angrily.

"And it's their fault!" Shouted Gally pointing at Thomas and the girl. "You know her!" He said to Thomas. "I know you do!" He shouted. "EVERYTHING STARTED GOING WRONG WHEN YOU ARRIVED!" He screamed. I stepped in front of Gally.

"Come on Gal," I said. I ushered him out the Med-Jacks and towards the maze. "Minho is going back in tomorrow. He will find her." I said.

Y / NP O V :

The griever had left me alone. I didn't feel good though. I looked at Minho and shook my head. I knew what had happened. I'd been stung. I saw a flash then fell to the floor.

I woke up in a large room with a long table in the middle. There was a man on the opposite side to me. He smiled. Something about him made me feel comfortable. I smiled back. He looked like me. "Y/n," He said. I nodded. "I think it's time you become an Avenger."

For some reason, my heart skipped a beat. Did I want to be an Avenger? What was an Avenger? Who was this man? I looked up at him with a huge smile and ran into his arms. "Thank you, dad!" I yelled. Dad? My dad?

I pulled away from the hug and he kissed me on the forehead. "You are going to be the new Tony Stark, Y/n Stark," He said. A knot appeared in my stomach.

"What do you mean, the new Tony stark? You're not going to die!" I said a bit too loud. His face dropped.

"Y/n Stark. You are the bravest person I know. You will be Ok-"

"Don't do that!" I said.

"Don't do what?" He asked.

"Don't act like you're saying goodbye for the last time!" I whispered.

"Oh, but Y/n," he said. I looked up at him, hopefully, "I am." With that, a brown-haired boy ran into the room and grabbed him by the arms. He was followed by a bunch of other men. They pulled and pushed and scratched at him until his arms came clean off his body.

"Good job, Thomas," One of the men said. I sat there screaming at the sight.

Images flashed in my mind. Images of me, dad and WICKED. Mostly Thomas. I saw how I was different. I was the daughter of the biggest superhero in the world. He was looking for me. Set up an operation to find me. I was his heir. I was to become the next Tony Stark. Yet I was stuck in a maze. And Thomas. He did this to us. He built the maze.