Chapter 8

I was sat in my area, waiting for the newbie alarm to go off. I couldn't believe that I had to show the new gladder around, just because Chuck had to help in the gardens. I had to help in the med-jacks but that didn't matter. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud siren by the box. I stood up and sighed. I ran to the box and looked down.

Great! Another boy! Brown hair, tall, handsome. Just like the rest. I jumped in the box and grabbed him by the sleeves. "Day one Newbie! Rise and shine!" I said. I got out of the box and pulled him out. He landed on the floor. I knew what he was going to do. "Don't you dare!" I whispered through gritted teeth. He stood up and ran for it.

I ran after him. It didn't take long for me to catch up to him. I was about to jump on him when he tripped over. I stopped running and looked down at him. "Well that makes things a lot easier," I said. I pushed him over so he was laying on his front. I sat on his back and help his arms behind his back and leant forward. "If I let you go, you won't run again, you understand?" I whispered in his ear. He nodded.

I rolled off him and stood up. He rolled over and looked at me for a second. I laughed. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," I said. I put my hand out for him to take. I pulled him up and ushered him to follow me. "I'm Y/n, I may be the only girl around here but I'm possibly the smartest, also, you see that little boy over there?" I asked pointing at Chuck. He nodded.

"That's Chuck, hurt him, I hurt you, you understand?" I asked. He nodded again. "Good." We were right by the pit. I opened one and motioned for him to get in. He walked in. I closed the door and wrapped the rope around the wood. "Shame, you came today. I'm in a shitty mood, we could've been friends if you didn't run." I said. I walked away and left him.

I walked over to Alby and smiled, "Hey Alby," I said.

"Hi Y/n," He said, as he turned around. "Where's the newbie?" He asked.

"In the pit," I said. He laughed.

"Given up already, Y/n?" He asked. I smiled sarcastically.

"No, he ran, so I put him in the pit." I said, "I'd go do the rest of the tour if I were you, I might kill him." I said. He laughed and hugged me "You got it Greenie." He said as he walked away. I sat down on my bed. I still talked about the stars with Gally and Newt when they came out and played with me. I stood up and walked out.

I saw Alby and the Newbie stood on the tree platform that I help Gally and James make. I went up the ladders and walked up to the platform. "Hey Alby, I just wanted to say sorry to the Greenie," I said. He turned around and looked at me. "I'm sorry, Greenie," I said softly.

"That's fine," He said. He had a strong American accent but then so did most people around here. Newt, Gally and I were the only ones with British accents.

"Good," I said before walking off.

"Greenie, go find Chuck for me please." Shouted Alby. I smiled and ran towards the gardens.

"Chuck, Alby wants you, bro," I said. He ran off towards the tree platform.

"THANK YOU!" He shouted back. I smiled.