Chapter 13

N E W T       P O V

The morning came quickly. I didn't sleep last night. All I want to know is if she is alive. I got out of my hammock and walked over to the maze doors. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Thomas. "I'm sorry about yesterday," I said. "It's just, I've only just got her, and now she's gone," I said. He nodded.

"She could still be out there, Newt." He said. I shook my head.

"No one has ever survived a night in the maze," I said. I heard more footsteps behind us. I saw James walking over. "Look for her, Yeah?" I asked.

"Always." He said. He smiled weakly at me before running into the maze with Jack.

MINHOS P O V

I heard footsteps coming towards me. I moved slightly. I saw James' boots. I smiled "James!" I shouted weakly. I put my arm out the bottom of the vines. He stopped and looked at my arm.

"Minho!" He shouted. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out from under the vines. He pulled me up. I stood up and looked at him. I pointed under the vines to where Y/n was laid. "I didn't want to leave her," I said.

He nodded. He knelt and motioned for me to help get her out. I smiled and helped out. We stood up and started running towards the door. I wrapped my arms around her back and so did James.

N E W T            P O V

I looked into the maze one last time before going to the gardens. I saw Minho running back with James running close behind. He had someone on his back. I saw the beautiful blonde hair of Greenie. "GALLY! CHUCK! THOMAS!" I shouted. They all came running over.

"What?" Asked Gally. I pointed down the maze. His face light up. Minho ran even faster towards us. He put Greenie down and she laid there motionless.

"I love you," I whispered into her hair. I saw blood on her white shirt and pulled it up. I saw a blue puncture wound in the centre of her back.

"She found something too." He said. He reached into her bag and pulled out a beacon. "It was inside a griever." He said.

"INSIDE a griever?" Asked Gally.

"You mean you killed a griever?" Asked Chuck. He walked over to Chuck and knelt next to him.

"You have a lot to learn, Hermano." He said softly. He stood up and walked away as nothing happened. Thomas followed him.

T H O M A S       P O V

"I have an idea," I said. She turned around and smiled.

"What for?" He asked.

"To get us out of here," I said. He sat down.

"Well, what are you waiting for? TELL ME!" He said.

"We need to go into the maze with the beacon and everyone else. The beacon will tell us where to go I think." I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"What are we waiting for then?" he asked. I smiled. "It's gonna be hard to convince everyone but I'm sure-" he got cut off by a group of boys coming over.

"It's the girl." They said.

"What girl?" Asked Minhi.

"Is she awake?" I asked.

"You could say that."