0.6

»»»

"Do I really have to?" Seokjin was trying his best to prevent himself from groaning. His dad's request having thrown him off. He had other plans for this weekend. Mainly studying, napping and perhaps meeting up with his hooker friend again.
Now thinking about it it made him internally laugh out. Hooker friend. It was probably quite farfetched to call a girl he barely knew for a month and who he paid for to keep him company, a friend. Regardless though, she had felt more than a friend than any other person in that city.

He knew they weren't actual friends and he knew she was only doing it because of the money. It was her job after all. Still, sometimes it seemed to him she would genuinely enjoy their little talks as well. At least her bright laugh when he was jokingly boasting with his looks or the way her replies seemed well-thought and not as she wouldn't have paid any attention, gave him this feeling. Perhaps he was wrong though. Perhaps she simply was better in acting than him.

"Yes, you do. Don't be so impolite. The fact Kim Chungbin-hyung invited you to his anniversary party is a big deal."

"Why? Are we somehow related to him?"

"No, no. He's from the Nagan Kim clan," his dad explained on the other phone line, "We're not related. But he's an old university friend living in New York now. And when he heard my son is studying there, he wanted to meet you."

Seokjin huffed, sinking more into his seat on the black couch. The sun was slowly setting behind the tall buildings. Coloring them orange. "But I live here for a year now. Why didn't he want to meet me earlier?"

He heard his father sigh deeply. Clearly annoyed with his smart-ass of a son. "We didn't speak in years.. I only recently got to talk to him again. Now stop complaining so much. It'll be just an anniversary party."

"Will there be food at least?"

For a moment his father remained silent. "I assume so. Is that all you care about?"

"Kinda.."

"Jin, listen. Chungbin-hyung is quite wealthy and an important Wall Street broker. He has lots of connections, which might help you in the future. He even knows people in the American and Korean entertainment industry. So I expect nothing less than your best behavior in front of him. Are we clear?"

He pursed his lips. His father usually wasn't the strict or demanding type. So him being so serious about his son attending his old rich friend's party, indicated Seokjin how important this was for his dad. Probably also because he didn't want him or their family getting any bad reputation by l not accepting or showing up there. 

So with a dragged sigh, he nodded. Remembering his father couldn't see him. "Fine. But I'm only doing it for you."

He heard his dad laugh then, making him grin. "I know you normally won't do anything you don't want to. So thank you. Oh and don't forget to wear your best suit when attending."

He abruptly straightened himself. "Suit? I have to wear a suit?"

"Obviously. It'll be an festive occasion after all."

And this time he couldn't suppress the groan.

»»»

"Look!"

Yongsun took a small run-up, before her hands grabbed the metallic pole and she swung her body upwards. Gliding and wrapping around the cold metal. On the top, she spread her arms widely. Proudly grinning. Her face when doing so reminding Seokjin of a cartoon character.
It was a cute contrast to her usual elegant and classy appearance. Despite being what she was. The way she talked, the way she walked - there just was something about it that didn't quite match with the job she was doing.