1.0

»»»

Yongsun flinched and turned away from the bright sunlight. Feeling her head heavy, she groaned while trying heaving it. Failing miserably as it just fell back on the pillow right away. Covering her face with the blanket then to protect her eyes. And she fell back asleep like this.

Only waking up hours later. The sun having moved away, not lighting up the room so brightly anymore.

Her headache wasn't gone yet, but it surely felt better so she dared to heave her head again. Seeing she didn't collapse, she slowly sat up. Her eyes blinking a few times, getting adjusted to the light. Recognising the furniture of her room, she noticed some painkillers and a glass of water on her nightstand.
Confused, she took one of the pills and swallowed it with a sip of water. Ending up chunking it all down. Being thirstier than she thought.

She grabbed her phone from where it had fallen on the ground, seeing some texts from her sister. Asking where she had disappeared to. She decided to reply to her later, when her head stopped spinning.

When did she even get here?
She couldn't remember a thing. Her gaze fell down then, seeing she was still in her blue party dress from the night before. Getting up, she propped her hands on the mattress and looked around. The last thing she remembered was sitting in Seokjin's car with him at the Brooklyn Bridge Park. Staring at the skyline of Manhatten on the other side of the bay. And she was pretty sure she remembered him telling her a story. Not sure what it had been about. But it had made her laugh.

No, wait. Had it been a drinking game? She had to drink whenever he made her laugh? Something like that?

Her head felt dizzy when trying reminding herself of any more details. It would explain her hangover though.

After getting out of the dress and into her Pyjamas, she sat down on her bed again. Staring out of the window.

What the fuck was she doing?

Realisation falling upon her all of a sudden.

In her intoxicated state she had told him almost everything about herself. Obviously not everything, but enough. Her family issues, her real job and why she was doing that side job.

To be honest, she should have seen it coming. After all she had known he would attend the party. So obviously he would have found out about her background.
However, everything else -her bad relationship with her parents, the reason she chose to be a hooker- would not have necessarily got revealed. And she could have prevented it all if she had avoided him on that party. That goddamn party.

She could have left or hid somewhere. There were enough places she could have done so in that enormous house. But no. She had chosen to go after him. To talk to him. To run away from the party with him.

Again, what the fuck was she doing?

She had rules. She had extra rules when it came to hooker clients. However, it seemed she forgot every single one of them when it came to the guy with the soft eyes. 

But then again, could he even be considered a client anymore? Probably not. And that was a problem.

She abruptly got up then, took out a notepad from a drawer and started scribbling on it. Staring down at the piece of paper. Unsure of whether to proceed with it or not.
And then she remembered how she had done that before and groaned. Why had she done that? Why had she told him to contact her and hang out again?

Because she had found him funny and interesting to be around with. Besides, he had seemed to be done with the high-society life as well and it had felt nice having another ally.
She couldn't lie though, it was also partly because he was so handsome. Making her groan again. No!

Another flashback coming back then from the pizza place they had gone to. And how her half-drunk idiot self had told him she found him cute. And that she enjoyed his company.
The second-hand embarrassment for her intoxicated self only growing more and more.

And she decided she needed to deliver that new piece of paper as well.

»»»

It was Monday morning when Seokjin's alarm went off. Without opening his eyes, he extended his arm until reaching the vibrating device and shutting it off.

After bringing the drunk Yongsun home, he had returned at his own apartment at dawn. And after sleeping in, he had spent the whole Sunday lazing around. Not leaving his place once, despite the nice weather outside. He was too worn out from the night before.
It hadn't bothered him though. After all he hadn't had so much fun in a long time.

And he would be lying if saying he wouldn't enjoy Yongsun's carefree company as well. Sometimes she reminded him of himself. Or at least of his old self, back in Korea with his friends. Somehow he had lost that impulsive and carefree side of himself little by little all this time he had lived in New York. And he had missed it. Even though he was always the introverted type who stayed inside all day long, his friends managed getting him out at times.
So he had missed just strolling through the night without a clear destination. Just having fun, while talking about nothing while eating at the river. Sure the East River wasn't like the Han River, however, at night every city looked alike. It was just bright lights in the darkness reflected on the water.

He stood up then. Deciding there wasn't any use in procrastinating. He would otherwise be late for his first class. So after getting ready and eating something quick for breakfast, he picked up his backpack and rushed out. Sensing his shoe almost slipping, he noticed something being stuck under the sole of his sneaker then. Puzzled, he bent down. Seeing a piece of paper.

"We shouldn't see each other anymore.

-Y"

»»»