1.7

»»»

"Ah, the food was really great." Yongsan sighed contently. Patting her stomach as she got out of the car. "I can barely move. My belly is about to burst."
"Glad you enjoyed it," Seokjin grinned. Getting a bag out of the backseat, before closing the car door behind him. Locking it. "Wasn't sure how else to pay you back for helping me out."
She nodded quickly, fishing out the keys from her bag. "Not that you had to pay me back. But food is always a good idea, really. You can't go wrong with that," she giggled and opened the main entrance door. Holding it for him to enter as well. "But how often do you even go to that restaurant? Everyone seemed to know you there," she added then. Trying hiding the surprised undertone.

Seokjin laughed out, following behind her as they claimed up the stairs to the fourth floor. "Nowadays not that often. But I used to go every week. Whenever I missed Korean food."
"And then you say you'd suck at meeting new people.." She smirked over her shoulder.
"I do though.. I might be very social for an introvert, but I'm also very awkward."
"Aw, but I don't find you awkward at all."
He let out a small laugh under his breath, remembering the first few times they had met and how awkward he had been. She was only trying being nice. However, he knew exactly how awkward his nervous self could be.

It was around eight o'clock on a Friday evening when they finally reached Yongsun's appartment door.
"You know," she said then, taking off her sneaker after entering. She turned around then, standing in front of him with a bright grin. Her long waves swaying in the high ponytail. "I was glad you asked to meet today. I thought you were avoiding me."
He frowned, glancing at her while taking off his own shoes. "Why would I avoid you?"
She shrugged. Still smiling. "I don't know. Forget about it." She turned around then heading to the living room.
Her answer confused him even more, however, decided not to ask further. He followed her. Finding her sitting on a large pillow on the floor.

"What's that?" she curiosly asked then, pointing at the plastic bag he was carrying and which she only now noticed.
A shy smirk spreading over his lips. "Here," he said then, holding it out as he sat down next to her. Making her eyes grow wider. "More food for me?"
She grabbed it, recognising the logo on it. Excitement overtaking her. "Ohh, is it--" She quickly opened the paper box, finding a piece of her favorite chocolate cake in it. "It really is!" she exclaimed happily.
He laughed at her reaction. Reminding him of a kid. "Can't forget the dessert."
"Considering this cake was the reason you got sick in the first place.. it's quite ironic," she giggled then, closing the box. "But thank you."

She got up then, leaving it on the table before going to the kitchen. "I also got us something!" she yelled then. He could hear her rummaging through the cupboards.
"And what?"
His eyes falling on the bookshelf on the other side of the room. Photos of her and her friends in between of piles of books. It must have been quite old ones as she had short hair in some of them. However, they suited her well, he thought to himself. He got up, taking a closer look. There were also some old Amy Winehouse CDs. He hummed. So she liked this kind of music. He realised there were many things he didn't know about Yongsun yet.
He heard her steps then. Seeing her coming back with six small bottles in her arms and two shot glasses. "Soju!"

His eyes lit up. "You got soju?"
"Yup," she grinned and sat down next to him again. "I thought after eating Korean, it'd be the perfect drink. And since it's preferred to drink it with company, I thought you probably haven't drunk it in awhile and missed it. Am I wrong?"
"No, it's been.. quite awhile. Especially with company," he admitted, giving her a small smile. He sat back on his previous seat along with her. Grabbing one of the bottles she put on the table and shaking it. Opening the cap. Pouring the clear liquid in both glasses, he pushed one towards her. "Have you drunk soju before? Or are you a fake-korean again?"
His grin causing Yongsun to huff loudly. "Of course I've drunk it before! Although.." Her voice trailed off as she grabbed her glass. Bringing it to her lips. "It's been awhile. You may have noticed, I'm not a big drinker," she giggled, peeking at him. Referring to her falling asleep on his backseat after drinking quite a lot of wine that one time. "And I never drink alone."
She stared at the glass for a moment, before drinking it in one go. 

Seokjin observed her for a moment. Also grabbing his glass. "Let's play a game," he said then, smirking at her mischieviously. Trying to lighten the mood. "You know son-byung-ho?"
She furrowed her brows. "Obviously not. How do you play it?"
"Each of us holds five fingers up," he explained, turning in his seat to face her better, "Then each of us takes turns. You say something you've done. If I've also done it I take a finger down. And so ob. The first person with no fingers left, drinks."
"Reminds me of 'never-have-I-ever'."
"Is it played like that as well?"
"Almost," she grinned, pouring herself another glass, "I say something I've never done. And if you have done it, you drink. But if you haven't done it either, I must drink."
"Oh, this way we'll get drunk quite fast," he chuckled, "But alright. You start."

The girl thought for a moment. Trying her best to come up with something he surely must have done, so she wouldn't have to drink. "Never have I ever.. stolen something from a store."
He arched a brow at her, biting down his lips. "Does it count if I was a child?"
She grinned, her chubby cheeks popping out. "Of course it counts."
Seokjin sighed then, chugging it down. He wiped his mouth then with the back of his hand. "Now it's my turn," he grinned, "Never have I ever.. broken the law as an adult."
Yongsun shot him an annoyed glare. "If you wanna play dirty, we play dirty. Because you also broke the law as an adult when we entered that park without permission," she smirked, watching his grin drop. Taking a shot along with her.
It was her turn again. "Never have I ever paid someone to keep me company."
Pursing his lips, he glanced at her. Laughing under his breath. "Sneaky." And with that he took another shot.
Without noticing, they had emptied six bottles in no time. In between also eating the slice of chocolate cake as it fit quite well with soju.
Cheeks flushed from the alcohol in their system.

"Okay, okay, I got it," Seokjin slurred then giggling. Putting his glass down with too much force. A thud echoing through the silent room. "Never have I ever kissed a complete stranger." Much to his surprise Yongsun didn't drink this time though. The first time this whole night.
"Are you already that drunk you can't remember?" he laughed. Her only giggling. "Noo, I'm not that drunk.. I've just never done it."
He hummed, confused. "I just thought because.. nevermind," he mumbled chuckling, filling his glass. Taking a shot.
"I know what you thought. But no," Yongsun laughed out, almost spilling her drink. Her smile fading away. "A kiss is way too personal for me. It's not like my one-night stands. I can sleep with someone for fun or money or to revolt against my parents. But for a kiss.. I need to be able looking the other in the eyes, you know?" She paused, suddenly feeling her head heavy. Trying to sort out her clouded thoughts. "A kiss is like a hug. Just like I can't hug any stranger, I can't kiss any stranger either." She glanced at him then, seeing his eyes laying on her.
"I get it," he nodded then. His head laying back on the couch behind them. Feeling it also getting heavier.

The sun had set hours ago. Leaving them both in almost complete darkness. A small lamp in the corner of the room the only source of light.
"I couldn't kiss a stranger either."
He heard her hum in response. Soon sensing her head on his shoulder. Her hair tiggling his neck.
"I wanted to revolt against my rich parents with my side job.. but I think I also did it for the same reason you paid me to keep you company."
Her sudden confession took him slightly aback, but he stayed silent. Only grabbing her hand that was lying next to his. Sensing her smile then.
Both realised they hadn't been so different after all. Just two lonely souls in search for someone that one night.
"Yong?" His voice was not above a whisper. "Why did you think I avoided you?"
"Huh?"
"You said you thought I was avoiding you."
He felt her tense up. A sigh escaping her lips then. Closing her eyes. "Nothing really. I thought.. I thought you heard something I said before leaving your apartment. That's all."
They grew quiet. Seokjin breathing out deeply. His eyes closingas well.

"What if I did hear you?"

»»»