2.5

»»»

Yongsun was struggling opening the bag of chips in her hands. The packaging squeaking and scratching under them.
Her tongue was sticking out as she tried one last time and failed again. Her fingers slipping.

Seokjin, who had been observing her this whole time, sighed. It was cute, but at the same time tiring. So when they stopped in front of a red light, he grabbed it out of her grip. Abruptly pressing the bag between his large palms, making it pop open on one end.
Yongsun's eyes widening at this new technique. "Thanks," she grinned and took it back. Starting munching happily on her potato chips. They were her favorite ones. Extra spicy barbecue flavor.
"How can you even eat this?" he said in disgust. Watching her shoving another handful of chips into her mouth.
"Wha? The are delithious!" she mumbled with a stuffed mouth. Making him chuckle. "Not really, but whatever."
Swallowing, she grinned at him. "I love spicy food."
"That's not even spicy."
"It is!"
"Nah," he shook his head as the traffic light went green. "You haven't tasted actual spicy food if you think these are spicy."

Yongsun huffed, continuing munching on her chips as they walked down the Broadway. Reaching the Lincoln Center and place of his college.
"You sure I'm allowed to watch the rehearsal?" she asked, unsure while passing through the entrance of the theater hall on the building's side.
It was her first time at that place and she already felt like she didn't belong there. Not only because besides some karaoke and dancing when she had been younger, she didn't have anything to do with the world of performing arts.
She somehow had this cliché of drama students being very pretentious as well and her unsocial self wasn't sure how to face any of them.

"Yeah, don't worry," Seokjin ensured her then with a smile, "There are always some random people watching. So it shouldn't be a big deal."
"Thought I made you nervous though," she mumbled and put the chips bag into her small backpack. Taking out a wet tissue then to clean her sticky fingers.
"You do.. But maybe I get used to you now, so I won't be so nervous tomorrow," he grinned and opened the door for her. Letting her enter first.

Yongsun's brows raising when seeing all the students on and around the large stage in the distance. Some with scripts in their hands, some preparing props. Some others just sitting and chatting.
They started climbing down the stairs next to the seats. And indeed there were a few people who didn't seem being part of the performance either.
"Just wherever you want."
She nodded. "Alright, I'll be observing your performance from here."
He pursed his lips. Feeling his ears turning red as she sat down on one of the seats.

Maybe taking her to his rehearsal hadn't been a good idea after all. Perhaps seeing her from the stage, especially with no actual audience to hide her in the mass, would make him forget all his text.
Then again, he couldn't leave her alone and act like nothing had happened after the encounter with her parents a few hours ago.
She had been too upset and he wanted to take her mind off things.

He went downstairs then. Yongsun seeing him approaching some of his classmates.
She propped her arm on the armrest, resting her cheek on her fist.
To be honest, she didn't really like theater performances. She preferred tv shows and movies over the theater. And she knew he did the same but had to join because of his studies. Being glad they had to do a short film instead as a final project next year.

Her eyes wandered around then when her eyes caught another group approaching him. A girl talking to him. She seemed excited. Her ponytail swaying while talking.
Yongsun snorted. What could possibly be that exciting?
Someone called them and they disappeared backstage.

She hadn't noticed, but she had been frowning this whole time. Making her forehead ache.
She shook her head then and rubbed it. Her phone lighting up. Yonghee messaged her.