0.8

»»»

Seokjin was squeezing himself through the crowd. Apologizing every few seconds to whoever he was bumping in on his way to the front of the stage.
Kim Chungbin and his family members were lined up in from of the stage now. Receiving congratulating handshakes and wishes from some of their guests.

To say he was confused and shocked would be an understatement. But then again, maybe he was wrong after all. Maybe Michelle and Yongsun are indeed two different women and he had just confused them from the distance. However, he simply had to find out. Curiosity along with lots of questions clouding his mind as he almost stepped on some old lady's dress.

"Excuse me," he quickly mumbled, lowering his head. Continuing heading towards the stage.

It had been crowdier there though. Almost everyone trying to shake Kim Chungbin's hand to smooth-talk him for their business relations. Soon an actual line had formed that led to him and the other family members and Seokjin had no choice but actually lining up there as well. Which was convenient to be honest, as he also had to greet him anyway.

He started getting impatient though. Slightly bopping back and forth on his feet like a child that was stuck somewhere boring. Occasionally tiptoeing in an attempt to catch a glimpse of Michelle, Yongsun or whatever her name was.
Eventually, the line slowly moved forward and after what felt an eternity, he finally reached the older man whose brows rose as soon as he spotted him.

Trying his best not to peek at the girl standing at the end, he bowed politely. "Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Kim Seokjin." The older man grabbed his hand, shaking it vigorously as soon as he heard his name.
"Oh, you're Seojun's son! Glad to see you here. I talked to your dad and he told me about you. Hope you're enjoying the party so far."

"I do! Thank you for the invitation." It was obviously a lie but nevertheless he bowed again. Earning a pat on the back.
"Don't mention it! Enjoy yourself!" And with that he moved onto greeting the next person.
Again, he bowed to the wife and the oldest daughter, when his eyes finally met those of who he was anticipating to.

Even though he had mentally prepared of what he would say to her, nothing came out of his lips as he was standing right in front of her. Seeing her slightly tilt her head to the side, waiting for him to unfreeze from his stare.
"Thank you for coming," she said in a formal tone, sticking out her hand.
He simply stared at her, then the hand, then back at her. His mind spinning.

The face, the voice, the hair - they all belonged to Yongsun. But the way she was standing there in front of him and speaking like that made him believe she hadn't recognized him. That she was a stranger after all.
Coming back to his senses, he quickly nodded. Taking her hand in his. It was cold but soft. Just like he remembered it. And without saying anything, he left. The line continuing moving.

For a moment he felt dizzy. Had this really just happened? Had she really not recognized him? Or was she just a perfect double of the girl he had been meeting the past weekends?

Perhaps it was indeed that. After all the girl he met was a hooker. Someone who got paid to sleep with strangers -or in his case, keep company to strangers. Those people usually did it for the money, because they needed it.
Michelle didn't seem to need the money though. She was rich as hell. Probably from the richest family he had ever personally met.

Rubbing his eyes, he grabbed one of the champagne glasses off of a waitress' tray and drank it all in one chunk. Spilling a bit on his suit as he made his way to the side and to his previous spot next to the staircase.
"Where you heading to, pretty boy?" a voice behind him said then.

He stopped dead in his tracks. Instantly recognizing it. And this time it didn't sound so distant as minutes ago. He glanced over his shoulder. Seeing none other than Michelle (or Yongsun after all?) standing there with an amused look on her pretty features. Arms crossed in front of her chest. Covering the long jeweled necklace she was wearing.

Seokjin turned around then, still unsure whether it was his hooker-friend or not.
"Oh so you do know me?"
She frowned, taking a few steps forward. Now standing right in front of him. Her brows still furrowed. She huffed then, flicking her finger on his chest. "What kind of dumb question is that, Jinnie?" she smirked then, "Of course I know you. Why?"

He exhaled deeply. Throwing back his head as he laughed out in relief. He wasn't insane after all.
"Because you acted like you've never seen me before back there."
She rolled her eyes, leaning next to the expensive painting of naked people. "Obviously. What would I've told my family where I know you from? The dentist?"

He nodded eventually, having to admit she was right. "I get it. But another question -you're rich. Like really rich. Like actually... I don't know of any cool expression in English. But you're crazy rich," he laughed out. Peeking at her with a baffled expression. She shrug nonchalantly.
"My family is, not me."
"Still!" he exclaimed, "I have hundreds of questions right now!"

The way he acted so shocked, but didn't seem mad at her for never telling him this little fact about herself, made her giggle. And she hadn't done that all week long.
"You wanna see a cool place?" she suddenly asked then. Changing topics.

"Maybe.. if you answer my questions first," he smirked, making her playfully scoff. "Alright, alright. I'll answer them all. But not here. Okay?" He sighed dramatically. Giving in. "Fine."
Yongsun smiled contently. Having once again managed getting her way.
She gently grabbed his hand then, tugging at it as she pushed herself off the wall. "Then come with me."

Passing by the bar, she snitched a bottle of red wine from the counter on their way out.
Leaving the party behind them, without anyone noticing they went to the large garden. Past the flower beds and small sculptures. Sitting down on a stone bench at the edge of it. The lights of the anniversary party still visible. Along with the loud chatter and laughter which got mixed with the music and night air.

Yongsun opened the wine bottle. Starting taking large gulps out of it. Wiping her lips with the back of her hand then. Smudging her lipstick. Seokjin observed her silently.

Them sitting in the dark, chunking down wine they had sneaked out, reminding him of some teenagers who had stolen some cheap booze and were now quickly drinking it on a parking lot, fearing of getting caught.

"Here," she grinned then, holding the bottle towards him. He took it, also taking a swig. It was a good wine for sure. He glanced down at it then, reading the label. Dom Pérignon Vintage 1955.
His eyes widened. Not that he was a wine expert, but that sounded like they were emptying a very expensive bottle all on their own.
"I hate those parties," she exhaled next to him. Stretching her legs in front of her. "They're so boring and exhausting."
He nodded, agreeing. "I'm only here 'cause my dad wanted me to."
"Well, same."

Looking up at the dark sky, she couldn't see anything but black. No stars visible in that damn city. A light breeze swept above them then. She grabbed the bottle out of his hand, taking another gulp. Feeling her tongue loosening.
"I hate it. I really hate it. This pretentious life of my family. I hate those fake laughs and fake people."
Seokjin looked at her, seeing her frown at the sky. Absentmindedly staring at it with an intense look on her eyes.
"I assume this is somehow connected to why you're doing that specific job?"
"Yeah.. somehow."
He shrugged, scratching the back of his neck. "If you wanna talk.."
She nodded. Adverting her eyes from the empty firmament, glancing at him. He was staring at the ground now. His once combed back hair now loosely falling in front of his eyes. The brown waves looking soft under the dim light.
"Maybe later," she said then, "But right now I'm hungry. You think they'd deliver a pizza to a bench?"

His head perked up, bewildered. He first thought she was joking, but her questioning look told him otherwise. He chuckled, shaking his head then. "Don't think so. But I mean.. we could also just go grab one ourselves," he shrugged. Also starting feeling hungry. The tiny nibbles not able filling his stomach for too long.
"Let's go then," she grinned and instantly got up. Heading towards the parked cars at the front of the house when noticing him not following her. She glanced over her shoulder, seeing him still sitting there with wide round eyes staring at her. "What are you waiting for?" she giggled.
"Don't you wanna change your outfit first?"
"Nah, let's go! You have to drive though, I drank too much."

»»»