1.6

»»»

Seokjin's eyes shot open. He sat up straight, the covers sliding down from his body.

Looking around, he saw nothing but his apartment laying in darkness. His head feeling dizzy then as he put one of his hands on his forehead. It was cool, dripping with sweat.

He swung his legs over the bed's edge then, groaning. His muscles being still sore. Grabbing his phone from the night stand, he unlocked it. A few text messages and a missed call from his friends. His eyes falling to the clock. 7:23pm.
How long had he been sleeping? The last thing he remembered was eating lunch with Yongsun and then -- Yongsun.

He wasn't sure if it was a dream or not. But he was sure hearing her voice in his half-sleep.
Shaking his head, he ran his fingers through his sticky hair. No, it must have been a dream.

He let himself fall back onto his pillow. Staring the dark ceiling above him. What if it hadn't been a dream after all? It had to be a dream though. Why would someone like Yongsun see him as anything more than just a friend after all?

Sure he was funny, or at least he tried to be. And sure, he wasn't too bad-looking either. That was it though. He wasn't anything special. Just a wannabe actor who was too much of an introvert to manage making any friends on his own. He was a simple guy, who liked food, video games and movies.

Meanwhile, Yongsun.. Yongsun was quite unique. She wasn't afraid of anything or anyone. She was bold. And smart. And funny. And witty. And caring. And kind. And beautiful. And for some reason she laughed with his lame jokes.
And that intense glare of hers  made the blood in his veins freeze.

Maybe it was wishful thinking of a lonely guy in a foreign city after all. Wishful thinking coming from something he hadn't thought much about, as he usually didn't think too deeply about things.
But sometimes.. sometimes he thought that 'just friends' didn't look at each other like that. Like the way he looked at her. And the way she looked at him.
However, how would he know?
Sure there had been some girls back during his school and later university years. Those had been rather superficial teenage crushes and flirts though. Sometimes a bit more as it had also got physical.
But having genuine feelings? He wasn't sure. Not that he didn't want it. It just never happened.
Maybe it was nothing but a superficial crush with Yongsun. Or she was just a simple friend after all.

"It was a dream," he eventually sighed, deciding to go take a shower and eat something.

However, if, whatever he felt for Yongsun, wasn't anything beyond friends or a crush, then why was he so disappointed about her words only having been a dream?
His eyes fell on the brown bottle on his nightstand. The memory of him asking her to bring him cough syrup slowly coming back. She must have brought it when he had been already sleeping.

And he couldn't suppress the little hope raising inside him.

So had her voice not been a dream after all?

»»»

Yongsun was laying on her bed. Observing the sunlight creating small patterns on the white wall. Her eyes then falling back to the phone in her hand. Unlocking it for the fifth time in the past two minutes. Still no reply.

She had texted him hours ago and he hadn't even read it. Sure, he was probably still sleeping. Especially if he was as sick as the previous days. That was what the logical side of her brain told her after all.
However, the other, irrational side told her he was avoiding her. Avoiding her because he had heard her little confession and simply felt awkward now.

Yongggie (11:45am): i have to meet up w my sister during lunch break
Yongggie (11:46am): so i can't come today :((
Yongggie (11:46am): but i could come after work :D