0.4

»»»

Yongsun stared at the envelope on the table in front of her. It seemed stupid to her to be nervous or even anxious to open it. After all, she knew what it would tell her. Or at least she assumed so. Based purely on all the previous envelopes she had opened each month.

She took this medical check-up every month. Just to be sure she hadn't caught anything.

Obviously she was always using protection when being out and about. However, you never knew. She wanted to be certain.

Taking a deep breath, she grabbed it in a swift move and tore it open. Taking the piece of paper out.

"Negative to any sexually transmitted diseases."

Relief washed over her. She grinned and stood up. Dropping the letter into the trash bin. Her eyes falling onto the second envelope then. Already sensing what it was from the floral ornaments on it. She opened it as well and just as she had predicted, it really was the wedding invitation of one of her best friends.

"Gabriella and Antonio are happy to invite you to their wedding!"

She was excited for her friend. Obviously. But considering she hadn't really seen her in weeks because of all the wedding preparations, she couldn't help but also feel slightly annoyed by it. Especially since this was the only topic they ever talked about on the phone now.
However, she tried not to show or mention any of her annoyance. She was her friend and also quite stressed after all. And in a few months it would be over.
Her eyes scanned the rest of the invitation then. 18th July was their selected date.

Three months.

Her gaze wandered outside, the evening sun bathing the buildings in a soft warm shade.

Wondering what she would be doing in July. Deciding it was too far in the future to worry yet. Now rather thinking about what to do to pass some time. It was warm evening, but she didn't feel like going out. She was too tired from work. Her actual work. Perhaps she could call one of her friends, except Gabriella. Then she thought again and one of the only other two friends she had, was out of town. So she decided to text the third one.

And now she waited for a reply. Bringing her knees close to her chest, she hugged them. Her eyes resting on the sundown outside. The soft pastel colors making her feel lonely for some reason. Asking herself if she was the only one feeling like that when seeing a sundown. Her thoughts then somehow wandering to the guy she had met the previous weekend. Wondering if he also needed company right now like that saturday night.

She shook her head. Why was she even thinking about him? She wouldn't see him ever again anyway. Neither did she care.

It had simply been interesting to find someone similar to her. That was all.

Bored, she picked up her phone again. No reply. She sighed and stood up. There was no use, she would spend another evening on her own.

»»»

"You wanna join us tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we'll try out that new bar downtown."

Seokjin's head snapped to the direction of his classmates. His hands pausing from trying stuffing the script they had been given into his backpack. "Yeah, sure," he nodded with a polite smile. Waving goodbye to them as they left the auditorium. He sighed then, going back to getting the stack of papers into his bag without crumbling it.

Occasionally, he would try hanging out with people from college. If they invited him to something that didn't sound like too much of a hassle. Even though he didn't really consider them as his friends, but they were his classmates and mostly alright -with a few exceptions here and there. And as he didn't want to be seen as totally antisocial or a snub by others, he did sometimes accept such invitations.

It wasn't like he had anything better to do the next day anyway. Except if sitting alone and watching films counted as doing something productive.

After finally managing getting the papers inside with only some edges getting crinkled, he left the auditorium as well. Walking through the corridors towards the exit.

"Can't believe they really make us dramatize this crap," he heard someone complain from another corridor. "Right?" another one scoffed, "My parents are having that vernissage this weekend." "Yeah, and we're having a big dinner. Where should I find time to remember lines from some ancient drama written like I don't know, ten thousand years ago?"

He laughed under his breath. Not that he was any genius or good in history, but even he knew that it was three to two thousand years ago. It made him feel a little better about himself. He might have not been he greatest in school back in the days, but at least he knew more than other people. 

The voices faded away as he pushed open a glass door, leaving the corridor. He had recognised them. He was pretty sure. Those had been an example of some classmates he would probably never get along with and neither wanted to. Prime example of spoiled, rich brats. And unfortunately, this whole college had more of those than he actually cared for.

Feeling his shoulder starting aching from the laptop he had to carry around, Seokjin made his way to the nearby metro station. Almost tripping over an empty cup on the pavement. The warm sun rays gently caressing his face as he was turning around a corner.

It seemed weird to others, but he enjoyed taking the metro or walking. At least he got to see a bit more from the city by using public transportation, which was a nice contrast to the rest of time he would spent either in the college building or in his apartment. Sure, sometimes it was a pain in the ass, especially if he had to change trains often or if he missed one and had to wait another ten minutes for the next. But overall he enjoyed it. Observing all those different kind of people coming together in one place.

Excited tourists, busy business men, parents with their children, teenagers with their friends chatting obnoxiously loud and earning annoyed glances from others.. It was an interesting mix.

Sure he could just drive wherever he wanted - and he did, if he was in a hurry or if the place was too far away. However, he usually enjoyed it more not to.

This afternoon as well. Even though he had been quite exhausted after their rehearsals and seminars about methodologies of directing. There had been a course paper due today and he had finished the previous night. So he was quite sleep-deprived on top of everything.

Nevertheless, he tried staying positive. He was sure he would get a good grade for that assignment, so it would have been worth it.

The ride was exactly twenty minutes long and he preferred standing the while time. His back always kept straight, like his mum had taught him to as a kid. Watching a little girl falling asleep in her stroller. He envied her.
The life of a child was way easier than that of an adult in his opinion. Children also had it easier to make new friends. At least easier than adults. Or perhaps it was just him struggling so much with it.

His eyes then went up to the display, reading his station was already the next one.
Luckily, the station was near his apartment so the walk was quite short. He passed through the entrance hall with the two large plants on his way to the elevator and entered it.

The melody playing a familiar one. It was Vivaldi, he knew now.

He yawned. The previous energy he had all day suddenly wearing off when getting off the cabin and reaching his apartment door. Tiredness creeping slowly as he pulled out his keys. Almost preventing him from noticing the little white paper that got stuck under his sole. Only when he was about to enter his apartment, he noticed his shoe slipping on something. He bent down and picked it up. Unfolding it curiously. A wide smile spreading over his lips then when he read the short message written on it with a blue pen and pretty handwriting.

"If you need someone to talk to again.. let me know  

018-xxx-xx-xxx 

-Y" 

»»»