0.9

»»»

"Alright I want a large pizza with salami, mushrooms and green pepper." Yongsun had one hand on the counter, pointing with the other on the menu hanging above them. Almost disappearing in the sleeve of Seokjin's suit jacket, which was way too big for her. Only wearing it as she had started shaking a bit in the cool night.

She hadn't said anything when he had given it to her, besides a 'thanks'. However, she had found this small gesture of him quite nice. She didn't know guys like this still existed.  

"And put extra cheese on it. I want it to really be dripping down," she continued explaining the guy behind the counter exactly what she wanted. She turned her head to Seokjin then. "What about you?" He hadn't heard her though. Having spaced-out.

"Yo, Jinnie," she giggled, waving a hand in front of his eyes. Startled, he blinked a few times, glancing down at the shorter girl. "Huh uhm yeah. I'll just have the same as her."
The guy behind the counted typed their orders into the display in front of him and nodded. "Alright that'd be 19$."
Yongsun opened her purse, ready to fish out her credit card when she saw Seokjin having already got his out and handing it to the cashier.
"Are you guys coming from some prom by the way or what's with the fancy dresses?"

"Ah yeah, something like that," Seokjin grinned. Thinking it would be the best to simply agree and not beat out how they were actually coming from a fancy anniversary party with some of New York's richest habitants.

The guy nodded, while handing him his receipt. "Pizzas will be ready in about fifteen minutes."
Seokjin looked around then. Spotting Yongsun on a table in the back. Stuffing her long necklace into her purse.
He walked up to the table and sat down opposite of her.

"Will you be able surviving another quarter?" he joked, watching her eyes widen in shock.
"Seriously?" she groaned quietly, stretching her arms over the table. She folded them, laying her chin on top of them.
"So, your English name is Michelle?"
She mumbled a 'yeh'. Slightly feeling her head heavy, the alcohol beginning kicking in. "But I prefer Yongsun," she said then, staring outside. He nodded, another thought coming up then. "Yong?" She hummed. "Why did you keep spending time with me if it wasn't for the money?"
Her tired eyes shot open. Staring at him bewildered. Him quickly looking away. He really wasn't the best in holding eye contact. And her intense stare didn't make it better.

"Isn't it obvious? Because I like spending time with you," she grinned then, "You were the first rich person I met who wasn't a snob. You were actually cute and funny. And interesting."
He was blinking. Feeling his ears being definitely red by now. She noticed along with how he slightly pursed his lips, trying not to smile. "Aw, are you getting shy now?" she cooed, propping her chin on a hand. Watching him cough, looking away. 
"No, I'm just not used to someone being so honest and direct. Besides maybe my friends. But they're my friends and I know them for years. I mean, I don't mind. I can be quite straight forward, too. It's just, I'm not used to a woman being so direct to me and-"
"It's alright," she interrupted him. He was rambling by now. Making it only clearer to her that he was embarrassed and it made her smile. She found him even cuter now. Being so much different from any other guy she had ever met, whether rich or not. "And if you wanna know, I actually donate all the money I get from my side-job." Her eyes traveling outside again to the passing cars and people. "But to be honest, I was also spending time with you because I actually envy you a lot."

Her confession took him off-guard. Not being able to come up with any reason why. "I'm not that wealthy, you know. Your family is surely wealthier than mine."
She quickly shook her head though. Her long waves sliding down her shoulders. Her eyes glumly under the neon light. "It doesn't have anything to do with money. It has to do with what you told me. About your family and life in Korea.. You didn't get to really see a lot of my family. But they're the exact opposite of yours. That's why envy you."
Seokjin bit down his lips, nodding. Unsure of what to say, he decided to change topics. "Did you know our dad's were actually friends in university?"
"I didn't. But that explains why you got invited. Was wondering what your name was doing on the guest list."
Causing his eyes to widen. "So you knew I was coming?"
"Yup. Saw 'Kim Seokjin' on there and put one and one together. There aren't many rich Koreans in New York and there's only you with that name," she smiled at him and he smiled back.
"You're quite sneaky. You know that, Yongsun?"
His words made her actually laugh out. Her chubby cheeks popping out. "Yeah, I know."

They grew quiet. The pizzas still nowhere in sight.
Maybe it was the alcohol in her system, but she decided she could trust him. At least up to a certain point.
"Being a hooker isn't my main job, you know," she blurted out then, "My parents made me study marketing back then, so I'm a boring marketing director now."
"So hooker is your.. side-job, hobby?"
"Pretty much." She played with the satin fabric of her dress. "It might sound dumb and cliché, but I just wanted some kind of small independency in my life. Like sleeping with strangers every now and then. And also getting paid for it. So scandalous!" A sad laugh escaped her lips. "I understand if you don't get it. Not everyone would. But if your whole life was decided for you without you being able to object.. you tend to overreact. Even though my sister didn't seem to struggle much. But I've always been the black sheep in the family so.."

"I do get it," he said, causing her to glance up at him. A stern look on his features. And this time he held her gaze. "And I don't judge you. I think I'd have gone mad crazy if my parents had pulled something like that on me. I can't stand others telling me what to do and what not. So I was quite lucky in that case. But you were not."
She nodded. Her eyes falling down to her lap. "Thanks," she whispered then, smiling at him. "You were one lucky guy having a dad who supported you in studying drama. You know what my dad would've said at a degree in any performing art? Waste of time and money."
He arched a brow, smirking. "Is that so? Then I wonder why he didn't have the guts to tell that to my dad."
"Probably didn't care because you're not his son." Seeing their pizzas coming from the distance then, she jumped up in her seat. "Food!" she exclaimed happily. And Seokjin couldn't help but smile when seeing her instantly grab the largest piece and stuffing it into her mouth. The cheese dripping, just like she ordered it. It only smudging her lipstick more. But she didn't seem to care. She was enjoying her food. And so he didn't mind digging into his own as well.

"Want to hear a dad joke about pizza?" he grinned then in an attempt to lighten the mood. Watching her eyes widening in anticipation as she took another large bite. "Eh it's too cheesy, nevermind."
Yongsun's eyes widened in confusion. Only when he started laughing, not able to contain his laughter, she got it.
Also burstinh out laughing. It wasn't so much the poor pun itself that made her almost choke on her food. It was his face and the sound of his laugh.
"Don't-" she coughed. "Don't say jokes while I'm eating. I might choke."
"You mean you might die of laughter?" He pursed his lips, holding back abother laugh.

His jokes really weren't funny at all, but they always caught her so off-guard. It was the suprise, randomness and how bad they were.
"Shut up!" she whined frustrated, wiping herself with a napkin. She took another slice of pizza then. Pushing the greesy piece into his mouth. Stuffing it to keep him from talking any longer. "Eat!" she demanded laughing. Making him also laugh while munching on it.

He swallowed then, smiling. "Hey, Yong." She perked her head up. "I like spending time with you, too."

»»»