2.2

»»»

Yongsun was pouting when reaching the elevator. "You really don't have to though."
Seokjin rolled his eyes. Slowly getting annoyed with her repeating the same phrase over and over again. "Don't complain so much. You complain way too much for someone who's about to eat food."
"'Cause it'll be a fancy restaurant and I had to put on a dress. Even though you know I'm too lazy for that." She pouted even more.
"It's not that fancy, I promise."
Her pout grew bigger as she tugged at her short, long-sleeved dress. She didn't mind wearing dresses. She just disliked most occasions she had to wear one. "Let's go home and order something instead. Or we could cook."
"Can't do that," he said and pressed the button. He looked at her then with a mischievious smirk. "I promised it after all. And I keep my promises."
"You didn't promise it though.." Yongsun objected, giggling. "And you didn't say anything about it having to be fancy. You just said you wanted to ask me out on an actual date. That's all. So theoretic-" His finger on her lips interrupted her rambling as he was shushing her with a smile. Lightly smudging her lipstick.
"Told you, it's not very fancy. I know you don't like that. But it's a little fancy, since it's our first official date after all. Just let me do this right, okay? I promise to only go to fast food places after this." He peeked at her with a slightly pleading look, redirecting his eyes back to the opening door in front of them
She dramatically sighed then. Biting back a smile. It was quite cute after all how much this seemed to mean to him. So she decided to do him the favor and play along. "Fine. Don't forget noodle bars though. I like noodle bars, too."
He chuckled, nodding as they got in. "Sure, noodle bars as well. I'll take you to all the noodle bars you want."

Yongsun observed the floor numbers changing on the display. Truth was, she was hungry so at the end she didn't really care. As long as the food was edible.
"See," he grinned as soon as the elevator door opened in front of them. Revealing a rooftop restaurant, with fairylights hanging around ivy-covered brickwalls and tables with candles were scattered around the area. "It's not that fancy an-"

"Last year of highschool," Yongsun suddenly interrupted him. Seemingly excited. "One of my friends celebrated her birthday here. Oh, I remember now! They changed the name, but I'm pretty sure that's the place. I remember us wearing the ugliest outfits, but they were totally in fashion back then."
Seokjin couldn't help but laugh as at her expression. Even though the surprise kind of failed as she already knew the place, she still seemed to enjoy it. So he took it as a win.
"You definitely need to show me those photos," he smirked then as they made their way to an empty table, "I want to see how you looked like in school."
She vigorously shook her head though. A playful panic on her features. "Never! It was a dark time. You don't wanna see that."
"Now I definitely wanna see it."
"Only if you show me your school photos," she grinned. Seeing his expression change into a grimace. "Aw c'mon. Mr. 'I-am-so-handsome-and-I-know-it' is suddenly insecure?"
"It was a different time back then," he laughed as they sat down. "Wait, how did a highschooler effort celebrating her birthday here?"
He saw her shrug. "Her parents paid. Her family is rich just like mine." She stood up then, leaving her bag on her seat. "I'll go to the restroom real quick. If the waiter comes, order me a red wine and whatever you think I'd want to eat."
"And if you don't like what I pick?"
She grinned. "Then I'll make you eat it."

Watching her leaving, he sighed. His eyes wandering to the skyline around them. A sudden sound making him lightly jump up in his seat then. He looked around, realising it was coming from Yongsun's bag. It was her phone. It soon stopped though, whoever had been calling probably giving up as no one was picking up. At least so he thought until it started ringing again. The caller persistent.
Seokjin contemplated whether it was okay for him to just pick it up. But as some people from the tables next to theirs seemed annoyed, he decided to just answer it.
"Finally, Shelly! Why weren't you picking it up?" a high-pitched female voice on the other end of the line said annoyed. "I'm having a mental breakdown right now!"
"Uhm, hey?"
For a moment there was silence. The caller seemingly irritated by hearing Seokjin's voice.
"Where's Shelly?"
"You mean Yongsun?"
"Yeah, Yongsun. Where is she?" The caller now confused.
"She's at the restroom. But I ca-"
"And who are you?"
He pursed his lips. Not sure what to reply to this question. He didn't know who she was and if Yongsun had told her about him. Then again, what else should he say?
"I'm Jin, her -"
"Oh my god, you're the boyfriend she mentioned!" The woman was now giggling. Causing him to be the confused one now."I'm Gabriella, her friend," the woman finally introduced herself, "Tell her to call me whenever she can, okay?"
"Sure, yeah."
And with that, Gabriella just hung up. Leaving him furrowing his brows at the phone in his hands.