1.3

»»»

A sudden sound made Seokjin jump in his seat. He rose his head from his arms, flinching. It started aching. He must have strained a muscle while sleeping on the desk. Yawning, he noticed that he still felt tired. The whole day long in fact. He could actually fall asleep again right there and then.
He looked around then. The library was almost empty. He was only able spotting one other student a few tables away. She was also from the drama department, he recognised her.

He stretched himself. Seeing he had crumpled some of his notepad's sites while sleeping on it. He tried straightening them, vainly.
His eyes fell on the big, silver shining clock on the wall. Almost 9pm.
There was no use, it was too late to continue writing his course paper. So he packed everything and left. Exiting the library building. A wave of cool air hitting his warm cheeks. Making him pull up the hood of his jacket. A poor attempt of shielding himself off the cool night breeze as he made his way to the nearest subway station. It was supposed to be summer by now. However, somehow it didn't feel like it. The weather got colder or at least this was what it felt like to him that day. Having been freezing almost all the time. What confused him was that no one else seemed to feel this way. Everyone wearing their summer clothes.

The station was quite crowded as he was waiting for his train to arrive. His head throbbing more and more from all the noise and voices. Only two more minutes.

The train eventually arrived and he had to fight the urge to fall asleep while sitting there. Deciding it was the best to be standing for the rest of the ride.

About twenty minutes later he had reached his apartment, dragging himself with every step. Feeling exhausted and tired. He only managed taking off his shoes before letting himself drop onto the soft covers of his bed. It was quite early, but he simply didn't have any energy left. Falling asleep right away.

»»»