2.0

»»»

Seokjin was staring at the sunlit skyline of Manhattan in front of him. He felt drained and that not only because of the heat - despite his air-conditioner - or all the time he had spent the past days studying for his upcoming finals. It was rather an emotional draut.

He simply missed Yongsun. He missed her mischievous grin and her beautiful eyes.

It had been a week since they had last spoken with each other. And as much as his optimistic side tried to encourage him, with each passing day it became more difficult.
After all he couldn't know if and when this unpredictable woman would feel ready to actually date him. Both knowing that if they started doing it, it would be something serious right from the start. And who knew if Yongsun would ever be ready for that. Ready to quit her side-job for him.

Perhaps she would never do that. Perhaps there wasn't a soul out there she would do that for. Especially not a guy she had met months ago through that exact side-job.

It was annoying. He usually considered himself to be a quite simple-minded person. He was never one to overanalyse situations or people. He was never one spending hours awake thinking about past mistakes or what could happen tomorrow. He usually didn't think too deeply.
However, he simply couldn't stop thinking about Yongsun. And he couldn't stop thinking about her smile  before he kissed her. And the way her lips felt, moving against his. He could still see it clearly in his mind's eye each time he closed his eyes. And he couldn't stop thinking about what could be and what not.

With a sigh, he forced himself to stay up and do something productive. Seeing his phone lighting up then. A small spark of hope making him perk up and go grab it. Only to find a few new message in the group chat of his theater theory class. Someone asking the other members if they wanted to have a drink after their last exam.
Along with another notification popping up from the group chat of his friends in Seoul. Asking him how he was doing and when he would fly over to visit them again.

He didn't have a concrete answer to any of those questions. So he simply locked the phone again and went back to studying.

»»»

Yongsun was sitting in her office. Eyes glued on some pattern drafts in front of her. Trying to decide which ones to include in the corporate design of the new subsidiary of the label.

In all honesty, she didn't like either one. However, those had been elected as possibilities and now she, as the marketing director, had to make the final decision. She dragged a sigh, pushing the papers away. They were simply too ugly for her liking. Or perhaps she just wasn't in the mood for it right now.

However, it annoyed her. She didn't like feeling distracted while doing her job. There was nothing she could do about it though. Seokjin occupied each of her thoughts and mind for the past two weeks. His laugh still lingering in her memory like a ghost. Them not talking to each other only intensifying that haunting feeling of emptiness.
And she wanted to text him. She wanted to go over to his place and tell him she was ready. But was she?

With each day passing she felt more convinced that he had been right. That she indeed wasn't ready to give up this tiny piece of freedom she had while being single and on her own. The tiny piece of freedom she felt when wandering through the dark streets of New York City at a Saturday night in her short dresses and her leather coat.

Then again, it had been quite a long time since she had last gone out for that one purpose. And the reason was him. Because she had usually spent Saturdays hanging out with him. Somehow completely forgetting about her side-job.

Her fingers ruffled through her hair, almost messing it up out of frustration. She always knew what she wanted in life. She never had any issues with choosing what to do next. Although it did sometimes take her some time as well. Still, usually she didn't struggle this much.

Her gaze wandered outside of her window. Another sunny Friday afternoon.

Maybe it was time to go out tomorrow night again.
Maybe it was time to see if that lifestyle still suited her. To get the answers to her questions.

Even though deep down she already knew what she wanted. She knew it. She had known it ever since that morning after.
She just wanted to ensure it before facing him again.

»»»