2.1

»»»

It was a bit before midnight on a Saturday. Seokjin was driving back home through the warm night. Almost having reached his apartmant. It wasn't late, but he still felt tired for some reason. Despite having gone out with his classmates for a couple of drinks, he hadn't drunk too much. Obviously also because he couldn't, having to drive his car back but also because he simply didn't feel like getting black-out drunk. He felt like falling asleep even without alcohol. He was just glad he was done with all his exams now. Unsure that he would have had any more energy left for more.
Besides, he wasn't sure what he had done if he had really become completely drunk. He might have showed up at Yongsun's doorstep and embarrassed himself. And he simply couldn't do that. He wasn't a teenager anymore.

Furthermore, the last time he had got completely wasted was years ago, at the farewell party his friends had thrown back in Seoul. He didn't know how his body would react to that now. Generally, he felt like having grown way too old this past year.

Maybe getting completely wasted wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all though . It was better than bathing himself in self-pity over Yongsun not being able to commit to him.
Well, at least she was still talking to him. Stopping at a red light, he took his phone from his pocket. Checking if she had replied to his text.

Yongggie (10:11pm): hey

Yongggie (10:11pm): what are you up to ?

Jinnie (10:20pm): i'm out w some classmates

Yongggie (10:31pm): oh okk :)

Jinnie (10:35pm): haha why, what are youu up to?

She hadn't replied though. It was alright though. She was probably busy.

He tossed the phone back onto the passenger's seat. Seeing the light having turned green then. With a dragged sigh, he drove off.

Even if she said she had feelings for him- at least that was what he remembered her saying back then. However, he couldn't be sure what what exactly those feelings were.
It could have been anything from a crush to love.
However, even if it was love, being in love wasn't always reason enough to actually be with someone. Some people simply weren't meant to be and maybe he and Yongsun were part of them as well.

Obviously, this thought made his heart ache a little, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. It wasn't in his hand, it was in hers.
He could show up at her doorstep after all, not drunk and with flowers. Begging her to take him.
But wouldn't that rather draw her further away of him?

Driving down the dark roads, past the bright store lights he started absent-mindedly tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.
And then it hit him that he hadn't bee. any better. He hadn't specified his feelings either. Because he hadn't been entirely sure what they were either. He had only known that it was way more than a simple crush. His feelings went deeper than that. But he hadn't been sure how deep.
He had been too intoxicated to think straight and just wanted to kiss her with her lips so close to his. Neither had he realised it when they had breefly talked in the morning.
He internally groaned then, his eyes wandering to one of the neon lights he passed by. A giant heart with a smiley.

What if that was the reason she was taking so much time?

Turning right, he entered his street. Already seeing the sign of the coffee shop next to his apartment building. He was finally home. Feeling more exhausted than before. Not wanting anything more than just lay in his bed and sleep.

Stopping the car in front of the entrance of the underground carpark, he lowered his window. Starting typing in the gate's code when suddenly hearing a knock on the passenger's window.