Chapter 3

"And that's the game folks with your Vikings winning 25 to 16. Now time for the MVP of the game, one Cassiopeia Smith. What a game with over 53 saves in goal. We look forward to seeing this team in the states game next week. Make sure to come out and support them!" The announcer yells over the loudspeaker.

Jin has just barely managed to keep the Maknaes from storming the field after the game with how much they're bouncing off the walls. "Wow" Hobi says while looking at Namjoon, "I didn't understand what you meant we you said the coach ruined her chance to play professionally. I don't know how she wasn't recruited after watching that."

"You don't even understand fully how much 53 saves is in lacrosse" Namjoon responds, "From what I read the any save percentage over 50 is considered good and over 60 is ranked as being very good. She's hit about a 70% one and in all honesty it would probably be even better if she had a defense that worked with her."

The boys make there way down the bleachers and to the fence where the 3 youngest quickly rush past Jin to swarm Cas as she starts to take off her goalie equipment. They all start excitedly talking at once and it's just a mess of Korean, but Cas smiles up at them as she continues undoing her straps.

"What's this? No guy interested in you here so you get yourself some mail order boyfriends." One of the other girls says snidely.

"Oh go deep throat a cactus Bitchney. No one wants to hear your opinions." Cas responds. Namjoon starts translating for the rest of the guys as they're all sporting lost looks.

The girl walks over to Cas, shoving the 3 boys out of her way, "What did you just say to me?"

Cas squares up with the girl, "You heard me. I called you a bitch cause that's what you are. Truth hurts, doesn't it."

"You'll regret that you little shit."

"Oh, I've got no problem throwing hands with you. Maybe I'll give you double black eyes just in time for prom."

Cas starts moving towards the girl, but Jin and Joon quickly grab here. "Damn" Yoongi mutters, "I wanted to see how badly she'd mess that girl up."

"Yoongi don't encourage her." Namjoon says.

"Besides, we already know she'd win. No questions." Jimin adds from the side while Jin shouts his name.

"I mean obviously. I just wanted to see how bad she'd thrash her" Yoongi adds, causing Jin to glare as Cas starts laughing.

Jin and Namjoon let her go as the other girl has walked off. "Hey coach!" Cas yells across the field, "Does me getting MVP mean I can play in states next week?"

He gives her a blank stare before yelling back, "Not a chance Smith. This was a fluke and you're not nearly good enough to play in a State game."

Cas growls lowly before yelling, "FINE! I quit then since you can't seem to get your head out of your ass." She turns to the boys and slings her bag over her shoulder, "Let's get out of here. I don't really feel like celebrating with a bunch of hypocrites."

---

After quickly loading the boys into her SUV, Cas drives to the nearby dam while blasting music through the speakers. Once there she sits down at one of the picnic tables and is quickly joined by the others.

"I hate it here. I hate having to fight with people constantly just for the right to exist. It's such a stupid thing." Cas mutters while starting down at her hands.

"I told you, you should come to South Korea. I really think you'd like it there, plus you'd be closer and I..." there's a couple of coughs, "We, would be able to support you." Namjoon says.

Cas sighs before looking up as Namjoon places an arm around her shoulders, "I know. That's actually why I brought you out her. I had news I wanted to share with you."

She pulls an envelope out of her jacket pocket and hands it to Namjoon. After he reads it over he glances from her to the letter and then back again with his mouth opening and closing. "Well, "Tae asks, "What does it say?"

"It's a full ride offer to come study at Seoul National University. Combined with an internship with the South Korean Government." Namjoon breathily whispers.

"What!?" The other yell before passing around the letter to see themselves.

Jin is the last one to read it as the others just stare at Cas, who's playing with her fingers. "Cas" he starts and she turns to look up at him, "This says they have a flight booked for you this weekend but you haven't graduated from high school yet."

She hesitantly smiles at him, "I've already technically graduated. I got my high school diploma last weekend when I got my college one."

"Your college one?" Hoseok asks.

She nods, "Yep. I got to do an online program through Mensa, so I already have a bachelor degree in microelectronics engineering. I'd be pursuing a couple degrees at SNU if I go."

"What about your prom? Graduation? Your family?" Namjoon starts questioning.

"I don't really want to go to any of those anyways Joon. As for my family, I've already been given their blessing and have my bags packed in the back of my car. I just gotta drop the car at home and catch a ride to the airport."

Jin and Namjoon exchange a look over her head before looking around at the others, "Well," Jin starts, "We could do that tonight and you could come hang out with us this weekend. That way you can come with us to the airport. We'll get it rearranged for us to be on the same flight as you."

"Really!?" Cas yells while looking at Jin. He nods and she squeals while hugging him as tight as possible.

The others are all smiling, wondering where the future will take them.

I'm sorry this chapter feels a little rushed, but my mind has a plotline that skips over like 3 years from here to when things actually start up. This is kinda a weird story to write, but that's kinda where I want to take it at the moment. This might get rewritten at some point, but I'm going where the plot bunnies lead me.

-Book