Chapter 20

April 2019

(Just adding this quick here to keep myself on track timeline wise, this is the current month and year we got to during last chapter's time skip)

Sitting in an office, stuck waiting for the inevitable was torture. Cas tried to focus on the projects she had laid out for herself. She spent some hours reorganizing as well, sending Kimiko a list of anything she noticed was missing.

Every so often she'd check her phone, feeling her inner omega perk up, hoping that a text would come through. God, if even one of them texted asking about her plans for her upcoming heat she'd go home in a heartbeat, but nothing ever came. It was the same old good morning texts, or asking how the project was going. Really the only one addressing her in their group chat was Jungkook, which just made her feel worse overall.

Members of the Got7 pack were sending her pictures of their current tour antics. They had heard from the BTS members about her project and wished her success in whatever it was she was working on.

Her pre heat was in day three or four at this point, honestly she was too frustrated to really tell. The company had been supplying her with sugary food constantly, and she had been taking out her frustration by writing scathing reports detailing failures in other's work that was submitted to her. She knew it probably wasn't fair, and that she was being harsher than she needed to be, but tried to make up for it by giving in-depth solution options to choose from.

Her floor to ceiling white board wall was covered in random scribbles, and she's fairly certain the security guards must think she's insane by this point in their rotation. One of them, though, had just stepped into her office and brought her a package. She growled at him when he approached, and he'd quickly dropped it on a table backing up with his hands in the air. She stalked toward the table, poking at it before turning to glare at him, "What is it?"

"Something my pack omega thought could help."

"You told someone about this!?!"

He shakes his head, "No, nothing in detail. I just asked her for ideas of what could help an omega going through a heat by themself for the first time. After some really awkward reassurances needing to be given, she put this together and told me to bring it to the "poor thing you're obviously taking care of". So, here it is."

Cas, blinks and looks up at him, that back at the package. "Tell them thank you." she whispers. The man just nods and walks back out the room.

She pulls the package down to the floor, sitting with it in between her legs. She pulls out an envelope, opening it to find a letter inside. Putting it aside, she pulls out a large weighted blanket that has a fuzzy side. Wrapping it around herself, she goes back to the letter:

"To the poor omega my gentle alpha is guarding,

I know you don't know me, but I'm writing this letter because I wish someone had done so for me. I used to spend many a heat alone.

You will survive this.

The weighted blanket will help with the pre heat cuddle withdrawals. That took some trial and error on my part to find out.

Underneath it is a phone jail. Do yourself a favor. When the last day of your preheat hits, and you can feel the itch under your skin, lock yourself in your nest and lock your phone inside this case. Don't give yourself the chance to call out for someone, because you will.

I'm not sure what your situation is, but I'm going to pretend that it's something similar to what I went to when I was running away from my first pack. Your omega will call out to them, if you give her an avenue to call them to you. She will. Don't give her the chance, because escaping a second time is much much harder.