Chapter 10

Author Note: I know this story kinda bounces from one plot point to the next, but that's just how this one played out in my head. Hope you like the next part.

-Book

December 2018

Roughly 4 months after Cas's first heat and things were still strained at best. She has been putting on a brave face for everyone, but they could see that she wasn't fully comfortable with them. Any growling caused her to fold in on herself. She ate meals in relative silence. Jin and her also got into an argument almost weekly about hanging out with GOT7. His alpha becoming territorial whenever she came home smelling like JB. Resulting in her being held by him for hours until Cas would slip away and lock herself into the spare nest with the various members of the maknae line, always having Jungkook there. According to Jinyoung, her omega most likely trauma bonded with him during her first heat. His beta would always be more in tune with her as it literally presented to protect her.

In fact, one of the earlier fights had been between those two and the rest of the pack when they tried to refuse Jungkook the pack bite. Cas had threatened there and then to go find a different alpha who wouldn't try to separate her from her beta, her pack bite beginning to disappear before everyone's eyes. A panic ensued that saw Jungkook getting the bite then and there.

Namjoon's looks of longing that followed the two throughout the apartment was obvious to everyone but the two they were directed at. He was losing his best friend and didn't know what to do.

Yesterday had been another Cas/Jin fight, this time seeing her kick everyone out of the second nest besides Jungkook and hunker down. She honestly didn't even know what started the fight in the first place, just that her omega kept getting angry whenever it saw any of the older members. She had woken up to Kook's alarm and was now trying to shake him awake. He grumbled and shoved his head further into her neck.

A deep inhale later had him sitting up in alarm and yanking Cas into his lap. His nose working it's way up and down her neck as she huffed and tried to push him off. "You're scent has changed." He mutters in alarm, before staring at her wide eyed, "Pre-heat. That's why it's sweeter." He stand up and starts to drag Cas towards the door, "We have to tell the others. Someone is going to have to stay home with you."

Cas manages to yank her arm out of his hold and stand in front of the door, "Kook. Please, don't tell anyone."

He pushes against her trying to move the door and Cas at the same time, "We have to. It's not safe for you to be home alone."

Cas shakes her head, "You're more sensitive to me Kook. I'm not actually in pre heat yet. It's just coming. I'll be fine until you all get home from practice. Please, just give me a little bit of time to prepare. You're in a critical time right now. I don't need to be adding to that stress until absolutely necessary."

Jungkook runs a stressed hand through his hair but finally nods his head in agreement when Cas pouts and whispers, "For me, please."

They walk out to the dining room hand in hand and the others smile/grimace as everyone sits down. Jungkook watches closely as Cas adds just a little more sugar than normal to her cup of coffee and opts for a brown sugar cream cheese on her bagel. She happily munches away under his watchful eyes as the others continue with their breakfast, oblivious.

One by one they get up and drop a kiss to Cas's head as she hums in response, earning some hopeful looks from the rest of the members. Especially when she turns her head up and actually kisses Jin when he goes to say goodbye. Jungkook is the last one to get up to leave and whispers in Cas's ear, "Text me if you need anything. There's some things for you hidden above the fridge."

Her eyes light up immediately and Jungkook can't help to think that he made the wrong decision listening to Cas. It was fairly obvious now that her pre heat was approaching much quicker than she thought.

---

The car ride home from the office was fairly silent except for the huffs coming from Jungkook as he checked his phone every 10 seconds.

"Jeez. What's up with you Kook?" Jimin asks while squishing against the youngest, trying to peak at his phone.

Jungkook yanks his phone away, "Nothing. I just had been expecting Cas to text me throughout the day. She hasn't so I'm anxious to get home."

No sooner were the words out of his mouth then the car doors flew open as they pulled up to their building. Jungkook was out and racing up the stairs 2 at a time as the others hurried after him.

They caught up to him standing in the doorway to their dorm, starring. "Whatcha staring......... at?" Tae starts before catching the sight of the person standing in the common area.

The others all freeze, starring at the ruby haired girl, drowning in a neon orange hoodie, holding a jumbo size bag of starburst jellybeans. She shoves her current hand full of sweets into her mouth before hunching protectively over the bag in her hands, her eyes daring anyone to just try to take them from her.

All of the members slowly take their shoes off and walk into the room. Approaching the weary Omega like you would a wild animal. She hugs the bag of sweets closer to her body and whimpers, "You can't have it. I won't let you take them this time."

Their hearts break, realizing this food insecurity is directly their fault. Hobi is the one who tries his luck at approaching Cas. "No one's going to take your candy Cas, sweetheart. We know better now. Why don't you come snuggle with us and we'll order some take out? Whatever you're in the mood for?"

Her grip on the bag loosens slightly as she unfolds herself. "Whatever I want?" she asks while sniffling.

All of the members hearts ache as they nod in unison. She sniffs again before launching herself at Jin. He wraps her up in his arms and moves towards the large couch. The other crowd in around them as Yoongi pulls up menus on his phone. They go through a number of places before settling on an Omega café that delivered overly sugary desserts with each entrée purchased. Jimin, Tae, and Jungkook take turns gushing over all the desserts with Cas as she continues to shovel jellybeans into her mouth. Namjoon and Hobi take the chance to take stock of the kitchen, creating a list of items for their manager to pick up for tomorrow. Jin just sits there holding their omega, relaxing slightly as she cuddles further into him with each dessert added to their cart.