Chapter 30

Author Note: I think I've figured out the best way to go with this story. I was originally debating if I was going to include covid in the plot line or not. I'm leaning toward 70% not doing that because of the drastic impacts it would have on where the story line is right now. Covid was the original story line and involved a lot of shit going down. I've had to rework some things to incorporate other plot lines I had going, but I think I should be able to do it. I'll probably end up releasing some of those scenes as an epilogue when this story is finished.

-Book

Cas moved on to the next box, surprisingly this large one was from Pentagon. It was nearly the same size as the one SF9 had sent. She rips it open quickly, pulling out the wrapped package and note on top.

"We wanted to send you something you could use for settling. Kino and Yugyeom are friends and he had let us know about your difficulty with nesting. We thought this should help a bit. It's considered to be one of the best nesting care packages available. The package on top is one of Wooseok's sweatshirts that we all scented, hopefully it helps you get used to our pack."

Their signatures are neatly printed along the bottom of the card. Cas moves it to the side before hesitantly reaching into the box. Her anxiety still spiking a bit at the idea of nesting. What if she does it wrong? They sent this package and she's not even sure what to do with it.

Her hands keep shaking as she tries to touch the material inside, instead she ends up reaching for the wrapped-up sweatshirt, pulling it out of the scent proof container. She wraps it around herself, letting the scent of so many alphas settle over her and give a slight reprieve from the building anxiety. She feels bad pushing the box away to the side of her room, but she honestly doesn't think she could start nesting right now if she wanted to.

Cas moves on to the next package, keeping the sweatshirt wrapped around her. This one is from Seventeen. Opening the package slowly, she looks inside to see a smaller box placed on top. She pulls that out first, opening it to read the card inside.

"We hope you like the presents we got. Jeonghan said that most omegas need extra protein after their heats, so we wanted to get you an assortment of snacks to choose from. The smaller box contains some scented key chains from each member and a poster of our group. We know 13 members can be a lot. The poster has each of us labeled to try to make courting easier."

She unfolds the poster in the box, It's a large image with a headshot of each member with their names and presentations underneath. Cas smiles a little and puts the poster back into the box, promising to look through the key chains later.

Leaning forward to look into the box of snacks her mouth starts watering at the sight of the special omega jerky she'd always seen advertised but had never actually gotten. She pulls out one of the bags, moaning as she bites into one of the pieces. The rest of the box is sorted and placed into the bottom drawer of her desk.

She sends a quick picture to Seungcheol with a heart, "Thank you. I didn't realize how starved I was feeling until I started snacking on the jerky. God is it sinful."

He responds back quickly, "Glad you liked it. We assumed it had to be good when we had to start fighting Hoshi about eating too much of it."

"It's amazing. I'm planning on looking through the poster and key chains later. Gotta make sure I study for our first date."

"Lol. We're not going to test you just yet. Can't scare you away too quickly."

"Oh please. A test isn't going to scare me away. I enjoy challenges and competitions."

"Good to know... we'll keep that in mind for the first meeting. How's Wednesday look?"

She looks at her calendar, which is very rapidly filling up and nods, "That should be fine. I'll pencil you in."