Chapter 34

Author Note: Not a new chapter if you've already read this and get another notification. I realized I started mixing kpop group members accidentally and made Inseong of SF9 part of NCT127. It's fixed now. Have learned a valuable lesson not to edit while sleep deprived.

-Book

Cas smirks as Johnny lunges towards her, jumping out of the way at the last minute, causing him to go sprawling across the couch between the two betas. "You didn't think it would be that easier, did you?" she teases while backing away from him, bouncing on her toes.

Johnny gets up, starting to stalk towards her. She feels the energy surge under her skin, akin to the buzzing she always has on the last day of her preheat. Run. Play. Fight. That's what her instincts are screaming. She watches, cautiously as the alpha scents the air again, smiling at her. The hint of a predator hidden behind his eyes that has goosebumps rising on her skin.

The building tension quickly pops, though, when Taeyong stands up, placing himself between them, hands outstretched, "Hey, easy there. The apartment is definitely not the place for a hunt." He looks over to the betas, "Taeil, can you check if the pack floor is open right now? We'll see if we can't book that and get some energy out."

The beta nods, looking down at his phone. Johnny deflates a little bit, his shoulders are still tense, and his eyes don't move from Cas, but he allows his Pack Alpha to push him down onto the couch. Cas blinks, still feeling on edge, "I... but... what?" Her brain is completely blank, and her omega just feels lost as the pheromones she didn't even realize were saturating the room are yanked away. Her hands start to shake, and she fights down the whine that claws at her throat.

One of the other alphas smiles at her, patting the cushion next to him. She operating on auto pilot, not even realizing she'd moved until she blinks and finds herself sitting next to him. He looks at her, grabbing her hands into his. Yuta her mind offers up as she continues to stare at him, "We're going to do a hunt, Cas. Is that okay?"

She shakes her head, trying to get the cotton that's filled it to come loose, "I don't... understand?"

He tilts his head, "What don't you understand? We want to help you get some energy out."

She continues to stare at him, "Don't understand." She mumbles again.

"Shit" Taeyong hisses, "Yuta, are her pupils dilated?"

The alpha in front of her leans in, and Cas just stares, "Yeah, I'd say they're blown wide open."

"Booked the room!" Taeil announces sharply.

Taeyong sighs, "Good. Thank god. Yuta, grab her. Everyone else let's head out."

Yuta smiles at her, "Come here pretty omega." He stands up, pulling her into him and helping to walk her out of the apartment surrounded by the rest of the pack.

Cas's brain starts to wake up as they ride the elevator. The pheromones being released by six alphas in such a small place is better than any triple shot of espresso she's ever had. Damn, maybe this is what she should ask for instead of an energy drink when she's having late nights at the office. She starts to squirm in Yuta's arms but the alpha just chuckles.

The elevator dings and the doors open to a lobby area. Cas allows herself to be corralled towards another set of doors, her head craning to watch as Taeyong checks in at the desk along one wall. He walks back over and opens the door. Cas's eyes widen as she takes in the room around her. It's filled with various obstacles and reminds her of the parkour gyms she's gone to a few times when her security team would insist she needed to settle herself.