Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Jungkook is shoveling another large portion of noodles into his mouth, checks puffed outwards when the door to the dorm slams open as the hyung line rushes inside. He'd laugh if he wasn't so hungry. God, that scenting took a lot more out of him than he expected.

Jin rushes over to him, grabbing his shoulders and gasping out, "Where is Cas, Tae, and Jimin?!" the panic evident in his voice.

Jungkook manages to swallow the large mouthful and gets out, "In the nest..." before they're all running down the hallway. Kook sputters out, trying to explain things, but just shrugs his shoulders when he realizes that no one stayed to hear him out. Instead looking back down at his now empty bowl, he sighs and wonders if he has enough energy to make some more food but stops short when he catches a whiff of distressed omega in the air.

He's off down the hallway and into the room to see the stand off happening. Cas is curled into a ball in the corner of the room with Tae and Jimin standing over her. Both look feral at this point as they keep growling at the hyung line. The older members are across the room growling as well. Their eyes keep frantically moving from Cas to the two feral Alphas. Yoongi glances over at Jungkook, he's eyes widening before elbowing Hobi. "Get Kook out of here. He can't see this. He hasn't presented yet."

Hobi moves to drag Jungkook out of the room, but JK easily dodges under his arms while also launching himself towards Tae and Jimin. "KOOK NO!" is yelled by at least 2 of the older members, but they're too far to stop him as he's stepped right in front of Tae and Jimin.

The two growl at him, continuing until he huffs and presents his neck for them to sniff. Tae steps forward while Jimin growls lower at the others in the room. The others hold their breathe, hoping they aren't about to see their maknae gutted in front of them.

The looks of surprise on their faces are almost laughable when Tae gives kook's neck a quick lick before pushing him down towards Cas.

Damn is he glad he got as much food in himself as he could. A second scenting this early is so not what the doctor ordered. He starts pumping out buckets of his scent, filling the room quickly trying to overpower the alpha's hostile pheromones, which are definitely just making it worse. He pulls Cas into his lap pushing her head into his neck to slowly calm her down.

Slowly the stress leaves her scent, but she continues to shake in his lap. He stands up gradually, giving her time to adjust and wrap her legs around his waist. He uses one hand to give Tae and Jimin smacks to the back of the head. They turn to growl at him, and he gives a warning one back. "That's our pack idiots. You're making things so much more stressful than they need to be right now. Cut it out." He steps up to them and tilts Cas's head slightly to the side, "See for yourself. She's fine, just got a little surprised. Your reaction probably escalated her fear." They both sniff her, the feralness disappearing from their eyes as they fully scent her.

They pull away, rubbing the backs of their necks after realizing just how much they overreacted. JK pays them no mind as he starts prodding Cas to look at him. When she glances up, he gives her a big smile then walking over to the bed and sitting down with her. "Cas, who do you want with you right now?" he asks once settled as she refuses any attempts of pulling he does to get her to let go.

"You! "She cries half hysterical as she tries grip Kook tighter.

"I get that, but it can't be me. You kinda wore me out already sweetheart. You gotta choose someone else." JK responds with a slight laugh after the world sweetheart, hoping to lighten the mode even slightly. He manages to turn her around in his lap so that she's facing outwards towards the rest of the group.

She goes to make grab hands towards Tae and Jimin, but Yoongi chimes in, "Cas, darling, you need to be with everyone in the pack for you're heat to end sooner than 3 days. I'm assuming you don't want a 3-day long heat right now?"

She shakes her head, pulling her hand back in before glancing back at the older members, she curls into Kook when her eyes pass over Hobi and Namjoon. They deflate at the obvious sign of hurt from their omega. She looks at Yoongi, shrinking less than the others, before visibly flinching as her eyes move past Jin.

She keeps her hands held close to her chest refusing to even offer up an option. Jungkook grabs a hold of them pulling her flush against him as he quietly says to the room at large, "How about we have Namjoon stay here with Jimin and Tae for a bit while we talk to the others? Then Tae and Jimin can switch out with Hobi for your alpha cuddle session. That way you can get comfortable with Joon again and we can talk with Hobi. Then they'll swap out with Yoongi and Jin. That way everyone can have a chance to apologize. And Joon won't lecture you at all, will you Namjoon, otherwise we revoke library privileges?"

Namjoon looks offended and hurt at JK, who just smirks and raises an eyebrow. Everyone sucks in a breath though as Cas actually giggles. She turns to look up at Kook and says, "Can we revoke privileges for the next three days?"

He smiles down at her, "If you follow the plan of course. We'll revoke Jin's mirror privileges and Hobi's dance studio privileges too. And Tae can keep his promise about Yoongi. It's only fair after all."

Cas giggles again, and JK takes his chance to transfer her into Namjoon's lap as he's joined them on the bed. She stiffens slightly before slumping a bit as Joon's scent washes over her. Tae and Jimin crawl to either side of her as JK vacates the bed. He motions towards the door for the others. After they walk through, he goes to close the door and laughs as Namjoon looks to Tae and asks, "What was your promise about Yoongi?"