Chapter 17: JB

Author Note:

I want everyone to know how terrifying it can be at times to see how high my fics climb in the category rankings

I want everyone to know how terrifying it can be at times to see how high my fics climb in the category rankings. Like you look into the category and it's fics with a shit ton of views and likes, and then randomly mine show up and I do a double take, like, "Whoops, that probably shouldn't be there.

Rant at the end of my chapter is the same one as what I put at the end of You Need an Alpha. Don't feel like you have to read it if you don't wanna.

Just a quick chapter right now. Building into the meat and potatoes of the plot line.

-Book

Time skips for the two omegas, who had sent each other into a new frenzy. Mark had quickly pulled JB into the room, knowing only the pack alpha had any hope of pulling them both out of this. He'd jumped into the nest after sending Mark outside to monitor the others, calling in the rest of their pack for back up. He'd locked the door and basically barricaded them in here while filling the entire room with as much calming pheromones as he could produce, having to tamp down on the glee his inner alpha was feeling while they flooded the bangtan nest, removing any trace of the pack's scent.

Youngjae came back first, following his alpha's scent back up from the bottom of an intense frenzy dive. He blinks once... looking around before noticing JB sitting with them. "Jae? When did you get here?"

The alpha smiles down at him, reaching a hand up to cup his cheek, "Mark called me in. I've been here for about 30 minutes now. You both went down pretty far this time."

Youngjae flushes, ducking his head and muttering, "I'm sorry. I thought I would be able to handle it. We were doing fine until the questions started getting asked. Then things went bad really quickly and I got dragged into the spiral."

JB runs his thumb along the omega's cheek, pulling his gaze upwards, "No one blames you. Nor should they. You did the best you could with a shitty situation and I'm proud of you for handling what you did."

Youngjae looks ready to argue, but stops when JB sends him a quelling look. Instead he focuses back on the other omega sandwiched between them, "I never realized how much self resentment she had for her secondary gender." His eyes raise to JB's as he pleads, "How did they not realize how much she's been hurting."

The pack alpha sighs, running a hand through his hair before holding them closer, instincts driving him to keep the near catatonic omega safe. "Honestly Youngjae, I don't know. Part of me wants to give them the benefit of the doubt because I know they're going through some shit right now with their company, but the other part of me says that any decent pack would never have let it get this far."

Youngjae looks back down at Cas, "I know for a fact that you would have never let it get this far." He glances up at the alpha, "I never did say thank you for supporting me through my presentation."