Chapter 36

Author Note: Just a short chapter tonight. I'm potentially in the process of switching jobs because of drama with my supervisor (I swear to god, this woman tries to talk down to me while I'm doing all of the engineering work again and I might scream. Like, ma'am you are well into you 60s, please stop throwing a hissy fit about me asking you to send an email).

Anyways... here ya go! Have fun and stay safe guys, gals, and nonbinary pals.

-Book

Taeyong had taken Cas back to the nest, intending to get back her shirt before setting out. Instead, he ended up laughing when they found Jungwoo wearing it and Johnny holding on to the younger man for dear life. He'd huffed and given her one of Johnny's shirts in exchange, telling her to add it to her nest if she felt like it. She'd been ushered out of the nest and down into a car, getting dropped back off at her apartment.

She'd sequestered herself in her room, stripping off the shirt and throwing it towards the corner with the other nesting supplies. It had made her skin itch from the anxiety of still being unable to nest like the others seemed to feel she should.

She pulls at her hair, mind beginning to spiral all over again. Not good enough. Not right. Broken. Collapsing onto the floor and ready to scream again. Why? Why couldn't she be enough? Her eyes prick with tears in her frustration. She used to be good enough. She used to be more than good enough. Everything used to be so easy.

She pulls out her phone, deciding to dial the number she'd been given only days ago.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

She's ready to hang up when a voice comes through the line, "Cas! I was wondering when you'd call me. I'll be honest I was a little jealous when I heard you asked my boys for help preparing for your first courting date instead of me." Jiho says teasingly.

"Noona..." Cas whimpers, feeling all of her frustration bleed away.

"Oh." Jiho says in a more serious tone, "Not how I was expecting this call to go. What's wrong Cas?"

"I... how... how do you do it?"

"You'll have to be a bit more specific there. I do a lot of things extremely well if you ask my mates."

Cas chuckles wetly, "Thanks, but no. Not that. How do you handle... being an omega?"

"Oh... darling..." Jiho whispers.

Cas feels her chest burn, "I just... How am I supposed to do this? Everyone keeps expecting me to act specific ways. And I just don't. They keep wanting things, or expecting things, and I just... I'm not... that..."

There's a long pause on the other end, "Cas..."

"Yes?"

"You fuck them." Jiho says, this time in English.

"Um...?"

"Shit... that didn't come out right, did it?" She says switching back to Korean, "Dammit. I was trying to be cool there." Jiho huffs

Cas breaks down giggling, "I see why you and Jiyoung get along so well." She continues laughing and Jiho joins in after a bit.

When they calm back down Jiho says, "But seriously Cas. Fuck them. If they don't like you how you are then they don't matter. They either get on board or move out of the way."

"But... what if no one likes me for me?"

"Oh... darling. Is that what this is about?" Jiho coos.

"Well... um..." Cas stutters out.