Chapter 15

In the nest room Mark is stuck looking at an unresponsive omega while trying to comfort his own omega. Youngjae is distraught after seeing his friend and mentee in such a shape. It makes his heart ache, and he has to force himself to not whine, as it could just further set off Cas.

Mark gives his omega another squeeze before whispering in his ear, "Why don't you try to start a nest going while I work with Cas? I want to be able to put her somewhere she can feel safe after I get through to her, and I think the perfect place would be a nest made by the omega she looks up to."

"You're sure?" Youngjae asks, his hands are fidgeting with the hem of his shirt as his mind fights between the instincts of wanting to comfort his friend and needing to build a safe place for them.

"Of course." Mark says with a small smile, "You love nesting. Besides, I think it's best that only one of us approaches her at the moment." He shoves Youngjae at the bed.

Youngjae only hesitates for a second before jumping right into the mess of blankets and other fuzzy materials laying in a pile.

Mark walks over slowly to Cas, trying not to scare her. The last thing he needs is the omega getting even more upset, but his efforts were in vain. She lets out a whine as he gets closer, one so jarring that it has him wincing and freezing in position. When she doesn't let up, Mark realizes he will have to fight his instincts and force himself to approach the omega fully. Her whine continues to increase in volume with every step he takes, causing Youngjae to start making soothing purrs and answering noises to try to calm down the clearly distressed other member of his sub gender.

When Mark finally manages to stand next to Cas, she blinks up at him with unseeing eyes. It's then he realizes her response has nothing to do with him, she had been sent into a frenzy, something he'd only ever heard Jinyoung talk about in passing as a theory. God did he wish he had paid more attention when the Beta went off onto one of his tangents.

Not knowing what else to do, he moves quickly now, so as not to allow Cas a chance to react, deciding to treat her the same as he would Youngjae when he gets into a funk. He pulls Cas up and pins her entire body against the wall, offering as much contact as possible. With her pinned into a corner it's left only a small section of her side exposed. He tucks her head into his shoulder and starts purring for her, a low deep rumble that is used to soothe most omegas.

Cas continues to whimper against Mark, eyes shifting back and forth and she pushes against him. Her breath is panting against his neck leaving a warm patch. Mark squeezes his eyes shut, struggling to keep himself from breaking down with her. He knows he needs to stay strong for her right now, because if he backs down and breaks, then Youngjae will follow both of them quickly over that cliff, and he'll be damned if he gives anyone a reason to compare his competency as an alpha to that of the BTS pack.

"Easy Cas, I've got you sweetness." He tries to soothe her again, this time playing to her brain instead of the omega instincts, hoping that she'll be able to fight the control her inner omega has. He sticks to the nickname that always made her burrow deeper into his chest, look up at him with eyes sparkling and sigh into his arms whenever she stayed the night at their dorm. His mind searches for the last time that happened, struggling to think of a time sooner than 4 months. God, he's already failed as an alpha if he's left her with a broken pack for so long.

Cas's whines pull him back to the pinned omega who is now arching her neck out for him. He could cry as relief courses through his body. "Thank you for trusting me sweetness. I've got you know." He leans down and begins to heavily scent her, nose running up and down any expanse of skin he can find. Mark uses this as a chance to completely remove any sign that she is part of the bangtan pack, even going so far as to give a quick nip over her pack bite. It's a promise, in his mind, that regardless of what has happened she will get a happy ending with a pack, that he will make sure of that.