Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Jungkook slumps against a kitchen counter since what little energy he managed to get back has disappeared again. He starts rummaging through the kitchen cabinets ignoring the silence of his hyungs as he searches for another microwave bowl of ramen. His mind solely focused on getting food in him and now. Its only when he's sitting down and has a mouthful of noodles that he notices the others just staring at with mouths hanging open. "What?" he asks through puffed out cheeks. Taking a chance to swallow before continuing, "I'm hungry okay. I've done two beta scentings less than 2 hours after presenting. One of them was to hold off a first heat. I need food right now."

That seems to get the older three moving as they're across the room sniffing at Jungkook's neck while he goes back to eating. "A beta. Huh. We thought for sure you were going to be an alpha." Hobi says while backing away. Yoongi backs away as well, but Jin takes the opportunity to fully acquaint himself with the youngest's scent.

"How did you know how to do beta scentings? Everyone thought you were going to present as an alpha." Yoongi asks once he's sitting back down.

JK shrugs "Cas gave me a beta book a month or two ago when everyone else was out of the dorm. She winked and told me I might end up needing it." He yawns and quickly finishes up the last of his food before getting up and stretching. "I'm off to take a nap in the second nest. That really took more out of me than I expected. Come get me if you need help." He rushes off mainly to avoid the conversation, *cough* lecture *cough*, that Yoongi is about to give the other two.

As he hears the door shut Yoongi turns to the other two, "You didn't think to call me when Cas started acting weird?"

"We didn't want to worry you. It was handled and we knew you needed to get the latest tracks done." Hobi answers

Yoongi flings his hands up in the air, "You call this handled?! Cas ran away to another dorm the night before her heat started because her inner omega wasn't getting what it needed."

"Well you could've come back to the dorm and checked in." Jin argues.

"Excuse me for thinking that my pack alpha would let me know if our ONE AND ONLY OMEGA started acting weird. I was operating under the assumption that as the only one trained in omegas, you know, since everyone thought I was going to fucking be one, you might reach out to me when Cas started acting different." Yoongi replies as his voice continues raising.

Jin starts raising his voice as well. "I thought she was just throwing a fit to get some extra attention because we've been busier than normal."

Yoongi stands up and slams his hands on the counter tops, "Cas doesn't throw fits for attention Jin. When have you ever know the woman to care about getting attention? There were obvious signs that her heat was coming."

Jin stands up and is now nose to nose with Yoongi, "Which none of us besides you knew about. And it's not like we can go take an Omega course without the entire industry going berserk with rumors about how we must have formed a pack and found an Omega and who are there and when do they get to meet them." Jin throws his hands up now and starts pacing. "We're trying to keep her safe. And bringing a spot light onto her as a result of her being our pack's platonic Omega isn't going to do that. Hell, we're still trying to figure out what we're going to do when we have to go on tour again since she can't leave the country." Jin's hair is a mess at this point as he'd been running his hands through it while pacing.

Yoongi and Hobi look at each other before going up and encircling him in a hug, both realizing that their pack alpha has been holding in a lot more of his worries than they thought.