Chapter 23

Youngjae had sent a hair stylist and make up artist to Cas with the dress they bought. She had been extensively prepped for the night. One of the guards had even groaned that all they were doing was making their job of guarding her harder. A wrist band had been given to her that had GOT7 embossed into it as well as the symbol for omega. She'd double checked, and it just said that she was an omega invited by GOT7, not that she was their omega. She'd get into a lot of trouble if she was marked as their omega while actually belonging to another pack.

Bambam had insisted that she needed to knock everyone dead. He "wanted heads turning so quickly to watch her pass that they snapped their own necks". Cas had giggled at his description and said she'd try her best. Bambam had huffed and grinned while arguing she was already more than enough; the dress was the one that needed to meet her beauty. A saucy wink was added to that explanation that had her entire face flushing. Looking at herself in the mirror she hoped that she was able to meet his expectations tonight.

She was wearing a light pink lipstick and gold eyeshadow. Her hair was curled and hanging over one shoulder with small crystals laid throughout. The dress... god the dress. It was everything she would have wanted to wear to prom but never had the guts for. Bambam and Youngjae had only looked at her once, and both said that this was it. She trusted their judgement. They'd been to more of these events than her. Still. She couldn't help feeling slightly self-conscious about it.

The dress had a high slit on both sides. The bodice had a built-in corset, just some basic boning to keep the tight silhouette and give her support. It was a dark violet. So dark it almost appeared black until the light hit it at the right angle. A light veil of fabric drapes over her shoulders, small crystals litter the fabric, looking like a night sky behind her.

Cas sighs. It felt like too much to just sit in the back room of an award show, but the two had insisted that she needed to be just as dressed up as the idols or she'd stick out like a sore thumb. They'd been right, of course. The rest of the room was all dressed up, but none of them seemed to want to come anywhere near her. She was too new, too much of a liability because no one in the room could vouch for her. Honestly, Cas couldn't blame them. She just hoped for a good time hanging out with the GOT7 pack after the show was done.

She took another breath and stepped out of the bathroom she'd been hiding in and back into the hallway. Walking back to the room and sighing again as she thought about having to stand in that room for another hour or more.

She reached an intersection, ready to turn left, but the hairs on the back of her neck started lifting. Cas turns to look down the other hallway, seeing a woman in a very pretty light blue dress pressed against a wall. A man in a suit standing with her. Cas squints, nothing out of the ordinary from here. They were talking in low voices, and she felt like she was intruding, but for some reason she couldn't tear her eyes away.

Cas starts moving slowly down the hallway, her flats not making a sound. As she inches closer she can see the woman start to pull away from the hold the man has on her. "Excuse me." Cas says, grabbing the attention of both of them, "Are you okay?"

The woman sends her a pleading look as the man answers, "We're fine. Just needed a minute with my omega."

The woman shakes her head and Cas growls out, "I wasn't asking you."

The man growls at her and even goes so far as to attempt an alpha order, "Go back to the room and tell no one about this."

Cas hisses, steeling herself against the order like she'd been trained to by her company. She rolls her shoulders out as she feels the order wash over her skin, cracking her knuckles, "You know, I've had a really fucking shit year. Been looking for an outlet for my anger for a while. I might even just thank you for giving me the excuse I needed."