Chapter 9 The Red Shoes

Warning: Prepare tissues please! (I hope you won't need it)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Kim Residence

The living room was vastly silent in the early morning apart from the occasional soft clinking of the porcelain teacup and the sad sighs coming from the forlorn figure seated on the plush white couch.

At times, the woman would take a sip of her English breakfast tea, cupping her hands around the cup in an attempt to warm her soul. Other times, the woman would place the teacup down and sigh softly, letting a stray tear fall down her face onto the carpet below her.

It has only been a year but every morning was the same. Except, the tea was getting more bitter by the day.

Was it because of the tea bag or was it because her soul was withering just like her heart?

There was a saying. If your husband dies, you're a widower. If your parents die, you're an orphan. But there are no words to describe you when your children die.

No parent should ever witness the death of their beloved child.

Glancing over at the fireplace, fresh tears fell from the woman's eyes as she looked at the family portrait she has committed to her heart. Their last family portrait...

The carefree smiles coming from her son and daughter beamed back at her, a reminder of the time when the family was genuinely happy. After that night, she never saw those smiles again.

Sighing heavily, the woman stood up and walked over to the fireplace. With shaky hands, she picked up the pair of red pointe shoes and peered down at it sadly.

The Red Shoes...

The story of a young ballerina torn between her dream and the man she loved. A recipe for tragedy. In some adaptations, the image of the red shoes represented the never-dying dream of a young ballerina. It held the idea that once a ballerina puts on the red shoes, she would never be able to stop dancing.

The red shoes held some truth. It would seem all her daughter knew was to dance. She loved dance and dance loved her. Yet, The Red Shoes was nothing but a tragedy in the ballet world and to the Kim family.

"Jagiya." A deep voice sounded from behind the woman.

The man stopped in his tracks when he saw what his wife was holding and he sighed. He knew exactly what she was going through. If he could, he would take his wife's pain away. Wrapping his delicate swallow in his warm embrace, he allowed his wife the precious few minutes to cry.

All he could say to comfort them both was, she was in a better place now.

"Jagiya, we'll be okay. Cheer up, we'll be seeing Tae Pyung today." The man whispered gently although his eyes remained sad as he cupped his wife's cheek.

"You're right. We should go get going. Our son needs us too." The woman wiped at her tears before plastering a fake smile on her face.

With that, the Kim Residence was quiet once again with only the sound of the heavy mahogany doors slamming shut behind the couple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Near the Seoul Royal Ballet Dance Company

The soft pitter-patter of the rain filled the dreary morning of Seoul. Blossoms of umbrellas filled the street leading up to the Seoul Royal Ballet Dance Company in the rainbow's various colours. Amongst them was the unmistakable figure of Korea's Prince Charming as he darted past the strangers on the street.

Moon Childजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें